• 15 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-02-13T16:48:14Z by Srikb2891
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1959 Posts

Pinned topic Active Report Application Drill Through

‏2013-02-12T19:22:05Z |
Hello !

Can someone pls. point me the way how the application drill through is supposed to work ?

The only information I could find on the web was described in KB http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21615874.

I have a pretty simple requirement.

I want to drill from a summary active report that is stored on my iPad to a more detailed active report that is also stored on my iPad. Both have the same package (PP cube), so passing the variables would also be nice.

I set the options in the application drill through as described in the KB, but nothing happened in the active report on my iPad.

What I am missing?

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Thank you
Christian
Updated on 2013-02-25T20:23:09Z at 2013-02-25T20:23:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

Re: Active Report Application Drill Through

‏2013-02-13T13:17:16Z  
    This link should be better than the KB.

http://es.scribd.com/doc/110099433/Application-Drill-Through-for-the-iPad
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-15T09:37:49Z  
    This link should be better than the KB.

http://es.scribd.com/doc/110099433/Application-Drill-Through-for-the-iPad
    Hello Daniel !

Yes, the documentation is better, but nevertheless I was not able to set up the application drill through correctly.

I tried to set it up in a button bar, in the xtab. But there is no drill through window displayed, when I tap on the iPad.

A "simple" drill through to a report in Cognos Connection works perferctly.

I attached the report spec from the drill source and the drill target as well as the mht from the drill source.

Environment is C10.1.1, Mobile Fix Pack 3, Mobile App 10.2.0.1.1

Thank you for your help
    Christian

Attachments

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-15T13:08:05Z  
    Hello Daniel !

Yes, the documentation is better, but nevertheless I was not able to set up the application drill through correctly.

I tried to set it up in a button bar, in the xtab. But there is no drill through window displayed, when I tap on the iPad.

I attached the report spec from the drill source and the drill target as well as the mht from the drill source.

Thank you for your help
    Christian
    I'll see if any of our ipads are available for signout and take this for a spin. I know others have been successful using this technique so I am curious on where this is going wrong.

A CC drill through is a different beast... you could try a drill outside of the ipad using the mobile gateway. (http://localhost/ibmcognos/m)

If it works there, then it could be something on the ipad, if it does not work there then it could be your approach or a product issue.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-18T18:41:03Z  
    I'll see if any of our ipads are available for signout and take this for a spin. I know others have been successful using this technique so I am curious on where this is going wrong.

A CC drill through is a different beast... you could try a drill outside of the ipad using the mobile gateway. (http://localhost/ibmcognos/m)

If it works there, then it could be something on the ipad, if it does not work there then it could be your approach or a product issue.
    Hello Daniel !

Did you get a chance to make a test or take a look at the report spec if I did something wrong ?

Thanks
    Christian
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-20T14:57:21Z  
    Hello Daniel !

Did you get a chance to make a test or take a look at the report spec if I did something wrong ?

Thanks
    Christian
    If this matter is urgent you should be going through your local support center. I get to these things as I can.

The above being said, I have not been able to actually test this out but I have looked at your specifications and the only thing that stands out is that you do not have the same number of variables in the target report.

The target report must have the same variables with the same name and set to Public(external). If that does not work for you let me know and I will see if I can dig up the working example specification used in the document.
  • Chandu402240
    Chandu402240
    29 Posts

‏2013-02-22T20:33:31Z  
    Hello Daniel !

Thank you for your help
    Christian
    Hi Christian,
    If possible send me the specification in .Zip format, I will try out and see if i can provide any thought to make it work.
    Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-23T13:47:50Z  
    Hi Christian,
    If possible send me the specification in .Zip format, I will try out and see if i can provide any thought to make it work.
    Thanks
    Hello Chandu !

Thanks for your help. I have attached the 2 reports (drill source and drill target) as well as the resulting drill source *.mht.

Thank you
    Christian

Attachments

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-23T17:17:12Z  
    Hello Chandu !

Thanks for your help. I have attached the 2 reports (drill source and drill target) as well as the resulting drill source *.mht.

Thank you
    Christian
    I think Chandu is looking for a physical ZIP file as he maybe having problems with the RAR file itself.

Did adding the missing AR variable to the target report make any difference? If not, did you want me to dig up the actual report specs used in the documenation link posted earlier?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-24T17:38:16Z  
    I think Chandu is looking for a physical ZIP file as he maybe having problems with the RAR file itself.

Did adding the missing AR variable to the target report make any difference? If not, did you want me to dig up the actual report specs used in the documenation link posted earlier?
    Hello Daniel !

I didn't had the chance to check your suggestion, as I had no iPad last week. But as far as I remember I added the additional variable to the source report as a last test as the application drill through didn't work at all.

I would be great if you can dig up the specs as I have no idea why the drill is not working.

Thank you again for your help.

Christian
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-24T17:39:33Z  
    Hello Chandu !

Thank you
    Christian
    Hello Chandu !

Pls. find the specs attached in a *.zip.

Thank you
    Christian

Attachments

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-25T12:52:39Z  
    Hello Daniel !

I didn't had the chance to check your suggestion, as I had no iPad last week. But as far as I remember I added the additional variable to the source report as a last test as the application drill through didn't work at all.

I would be great if you can dig up the specs as I have no idea why the drill is not working.

Thank you again for your help.

Christian
    I had to call in a favor with a friend to get these... please let me know if they work for you.
  • Chandu402240
    Chandu402240
    29 Posts

‏2013-02-25T15:11:17Z  
    Hello Chandu !

Pls. find the specs attached in a *.zip.

Thank you
    Christian
    Hi Christian,
    I saw your specification in the 'Drill Source' file. you have Application Drill-Through property set up on object 'Button Bar1'. But there is no Interactive behavior set up for this, so your drill through to another report on ipad is not working.

Even there is no interactivity you need on this object, just create a dummy active variable and on click of this 'Button Bar1' set the variable to some value. Then the drill should work on iPad

Also I just suggest don't use a Button bar to give drill behavior, add a list with an image, set a dummy active variable for interactivity and also add Application Drill-Through property which would be nice.

Let me know if this worked.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-25T20:19:03Z  
    Hi Christian,
    I saw your specification in the 'Drill Source' file. you have Application Drill-Through property set up on object 'Button Bar1'. But there is no Interactive behavior set up for this, so your drill through to another report on ipad is not working.

Even there is no interactivity you need on this object, just create a dummy active variable and on click of this 'Button Bar1' set the variable to some value. Then the drill should work on iPad

Also I just suggest don't use a Button bar to give drill behavior, add a list with an image, set a dummy active variable for interactivity and also add Application Drill-Through property which would be nice.

Let me know if this worked.

Thanks
    Hello Chandu !

You're absolutely right !!!

Adding a dummy variable did the trick !! I set the application drill on the crosstab and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

christian
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-25T20:23:09Z  
    I had to call in a favor with a friend to get these... please let me know if they work for you.
    Hello Daniel !

Thank you and thanks to your friend (Craig T. ??) for pointing me the way. Together with the hint from Chandu I was able to set up the drill correctly.

Great work.

Cheers
    Christian
  • Srikb2891
    Srikb2891
    1 Post

‏2015-02-13T16:48:14Z  
    Hello Chandu !

You're absolutely right !!!

Adding a dummy variable did the trick !! I set the application drill on the crosstab and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

christian

Hi Christian,

Could you please send me the spec of the final source and drill through actie report.

Thank you!