• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-14T12:03:30Z by kopper
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4779 Posts

Pinned topic Need Help DS4700 Mapping

‏2013-02-12T14:23:11Z |
Hello,

Actually I have an lun which is mapped on my host "SRVMSONE" and I would like to change this mapping to another Host "SRVTWO". the both hosts are under Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.

Is the procedure is that:

• Right click on lun, change mapping and chose the news host (SRVTWO)
  • After I should reboot the new host to detect the new lun
  • Is there any impact on production, specially I have data on this lun and I dont want to lose these datas.

Thanks for your reply,

ps: attached, you can find a screen shot of my host mapping
Updated on 2013-02-14T12:03:30Z at 2013-02-14T12:03:30Z by kopper
  • kopper
    kopper
    178 Posts

Re: Need Help DS4700 Mapping

‏2013-02-13T19:48:31Z  
    there is no screenshot attached but if both servers are windows 2003 there is no problems at all

in fact just add the volume to the other machines and do a rescan disk in disk management maybe windows is going to ask you to reboot...

just remember to add the storage driver in the new server and also be careful if you have to export ntfs permissions
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4779 Posts

‏2013-02-14T08:31:21Z  
    • kopper
    • ‏2013-02-13T19:48:31Z
    there is no screenshot attached but if both servers are windows 2003 there is no problems at all

in fact just add the volume to the other machines and do a rescan disk in disk management maybe windows is going to ask you to reboot...

just remember to add the storage driver in the new server and also be careful if you have to export ntfs permissions
    Actually I have already two others Luns mounted on my "SRVTWO" and now I want to unmount a lun from "SRVONE" to mount it on "SRVTWO". So I think there is Already storage driver on "SRVTWO".

What do you mean by "be careful if you have to export ntfs permissions"...? I will lose my NFTS permissions on my datas during change the mapping??
  • kopper
    kopper
    178 Posts

‏2013-02-14T12:03:30Z  
    Actually I have already two others Luns mounted on my "SRVTWO" and now I want to unmount a lun from "SRVONE" to mount it on "SRVTWO". So I think there is Already storage driver on "SRVTWO".

What do you mean by "be careful if you have to export ntfs permissions"...? I will lose my NFTS permissions on my datas during change the mapping??
    if you have share folders on that volume and special ntfs permissions you will have some issues
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2008/11/24/how-to-back-up-and-restore-ntfs-and-share-permissions.aspx