Pinned topic CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook
"CIWEB2002. A connection to /navigator cannot be established.
"This error can be caused by a configuration problem on the web application server or by a problem with the web client.
Try to log in again. If the problem persists, report this error to your system administrator.
The following error was returned: "
The client part of the plugin would seem to be working, as the button gets enabled if a Dcoument of class 'InsuranceDocuments' is selected. So my guess is that the call to 'GetConfig' is where the failure occurs. However, I've followed the tutorial to the letter, and can't see any obvious mistakes. I checked the SystemOut.log, and it seems it's receiving the call but no errors appear.
damorris 120000E3R8797 Posts
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2013-02-12T16:02:41ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Are you trying this with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1? If the latter, the plugin probably isn't 100% compatible due to the changes we had to make to the toolkit to upgrade to the newer Dojo AMD loader.
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2013-02-13T21:17:28ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Dana,
Just a few questions relating to problems with successfully deploying ICN customizations, such as plugins.
2) In building JARs, is it important to select an appropriate version of JDK/JRE? I use Eclipse. The Redbook doesn't seem to address this, so maybe not an issue.
damorris 120000E3R8797 Posts
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2013-02-13T22:11:32ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- CBS3_Ian_Wilson 270000CBS3
Great questions. Let me provide a few quick responses and if you need more info then we can maybe set up a time to discuss more.
1. I would recommend it, although generally if you're just starting development I'd very strongly recommend you start with 2.0.1. Starting with 2.0.1 we'll maintain compatibility and plugins written against the 2.0.1 release should continue to work with the next release as long as you use the methods that are marked public.
2. We use Eclipse and Rational Application Developer. The version of Java isn't support important as long as it's 1.5.x and above.
3. Yes, there are major changes because of the upgrade to Dojo 1.7.x and the conversion to the AMD loading style. The redbook is still valuable because the general concepts are the same.
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2013-02-14T08:56:12ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- damorris 120000E3R8
Thanks for the answers, and the speedy response. Very helpful.
What would also be useful would be an article that points out the differences in the API for 2.0.1. Something that demonstrates extra calls that need to be made, or alternative methods.
It sounds like the differences are not very fundamental, and that the approach is the same.
But the one thing we desperately need to avoid is a situation where plugin developers are failing to create working components for ICN because the instructions they're following are slightly out of date.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK445 Posts
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2013-03-08T16:09:56ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hello,
did you manage to solve the issue? If yes, could you please describe the solution? I am getting the same error when I press CloseAccountAction button on the toolbar (For me not even possible to input date). I tried to deploy to both 2.0.1 and 2.0.0 ICN with the same result.
cwoliveira 270003P29726 Posts
Re: CloseAccountPlugin sample from Redbook2014-01-03T18:42:09ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
At this point, the latest version is ICN 2.0.2 Fp1 with Dojo 1.8.4.
About samples mentioned on Redbook sg248055, I believe the better way to start is implement the "CloseAccountPlugin" logic over a working copy of "ECMClient\samples\samplePlugin" project, creating the required new elements for "CloseAccount". Redbooks usually are not updated according the latest products version/fixpack.