Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
21 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-03-20T14:09:12Z by VenkatReddySangam
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
150 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TUAM7.3 FP4 data collection from more than one vCenter5.0

‏2013-02-12T05:43:06Z |
Does TUAM7.3.0.4 supports Vmware data collection from more than one vCenter5.0 . I have created a vmware data collector with Collector type as "VMware25" that collects data from two different vcenter5.0 . It is able to collect vmware data from the first vCenter5.0 while for the second vcenter it is throwing following error:

SEVERE: AUCIN0303E The Integrator process ended unsuccessfully with the following exception: com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.integrator.common.IntegratorException: Unable to Initialize Input Process: CollectorInput. Refer to the log messages and trace files to determine the problem and take the appropriate actions. If the problem persists, contact IBM Software Support.
com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.integrator.common.IntegratorException: Unable to Initialize Input Process: CollectorInput

I wonder if TUAM 7.3.0.4 supports data collection from multiple vCenter5.0.

Thanks & Regards,
Prerna
Updated on 2013-02-21T14:42:49Z at 2013-02-21T14:42:49Z by P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
  • P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
    P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TUAM7.3 FP4 data collection from more than one vCenter5.0

‏2013-02-21T14:42:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Prerna,

If you wish to run the VMWare collector for more than one vCenter5.0, we recommend that you use a separate job file for each vCenter5.0.

Regards
    Siobhan.
    • VenkatReddySangam
      VenkatReddySangam
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-24T12:58:17Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

In SCCM, trac file i am getting this error please help me

SEVERE: AUCCM5007E The following file cannot be found and is required for processing: /opt/ibm/sccm/samples/logs/collectors/cinder_volume/20150223CSR.txt. Verify that t
      he file exists.
      Feb 24, 2015 8:02:50 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.integrator.main.CIMSIntegrator execute
      SEVERE: AUCIN0305E The CSRInput stage failed during the following process: Initialization. Refer to the log messages and trace files to determine the problem and take t
      he appropriate actions. If the problem persists, contact IBM Software Support.
      Feb 24, 2015 8:02:50 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.integrator.main.CIMSIntegrator execute
      SEVERE: AUCIN0303E The Integrator process ended unsuccessfully with the following exception: com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.integrator.common.IntegratorException: Unable to Initia
      lize Input Process: CSRInput. Refer to the log messages and trace files to determine the problem and take the appropriate actions. If the problem persists, contact IBM
      Software Support.
      Feb 24, 2015 8:02:50 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.jobrunner.JobRun runStep
      SEVERE: AUCJR0013E An attempt to run the following step failed: Add Conversions. Check the trace messages for additional details.
      Feb 24, 2015 8:02:50 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tuam.jobrunner.JobRunner endStep

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

venksang@in.ibm.com

• P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
        P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
        13 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-25T11:57:37Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

It seems that the error you are seeing is not related to the forum topic i.e. data collection from more than one vCenter.

The error you are seeing is related to the Openstack collector, which did not exist in TUAM 7.3 FP4.

The error you are getting is:
        SEVERE: AUCCM5007E The following file cannot be found and is required for processing: /opt/ibm/sccm/samples/logs/collectors/cinder_volume/20150223CSR.txt. Verify that the file exists.

This is caused by the fact the the jobfile called OpenStackVolumes.xml (in /opt/ibm/sccm/jobfiles) is being run but there is no file present on the system for this jobfile to process.

You need to ensure that you have SCCM configured correctly to collect Cinder data from an ICO environment.

Did you run the SCCM post config script? (sco_configure.sh in SCO 2.3 and ico_configure.sh in ICO 2.4)

In order to collect Cinder data from ICO, please ensure that the SCCM post config script was run successfully. This will automatically configure your SCCM install to collect from an ICO install. It will setup the relevant Data Source connections etc. to allow SCCM to collect Keystone, Nova and Cinder data from ICO.

Can you perform the following checks:
        Can you check the log for the post config script to see if there are any errors? (/opt/ibm/sccm/logs/sco_configure.log in SCO 2.3 and ico_configure.log in ICO 2.4)
        Can you check in the SCCM UI that your Data Sources are configured correctly? You should have one for Keystone, one for DB2 and one for each region server in your ICO environment.
        Can you check if any files are being generated for Nova instances in /opt/ibm/sccm/samples/logs/collectors/nova_compute?
        Can you check that Volumes exist for the ICO regions that you want to collect from?

If your SCCM install is configured correctly, you should be able to collect Keystone, Nova and Cinder data from ICO.

I am not sure which version of SCCM you are using but below are the Knowledge Center links for both SCO 2.3 and ICO 2.4 which will provide you with additional information about configuring SCCM with ICO.

SCO 2.3: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4KMC_2.3.0/com.ibm.sco.doc_2.3/TUAM/com.ibm.sccm.doc/config/c_automated_configuration.html?lang=en
        ICO 2.4: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS4KMC_2.4.0/com.ibm.sco.doc_2.4/TUAM/com.ibm.sccm.doc/config/c_automated_configuration.html?lang=en

Hope this helps.

Regards,
        Siobhan.

• VenkatReddySangam
          VenkatReddySangam
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-02-25T12:23:22Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Thanks ,Siobhan

• VenkatReddySangam
          VenkatReddySangam
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-03T12:36:27Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi

SamrtCloud Cost Management is support collection more than one Region Server?

• P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
            P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
            13 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-03T13:58:34Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi,

Yes, SmartCloud Cost Management can collect from multiple region servers. If an ICO instance has multiple region servers, then the SCCM post config script (documented in the links above) will automatically setup the configuration needed for each region server. If a new region server is added after the post config has been run, then this new region server will need to be configured separately..

• VenkatReddySangam
              VenkatReddySangam
              14 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-04T05:57:51Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi,

Wile integrating SCCM with ICO multi regions. i am not able to integrate please help me on same ..attaching ico_config log

Version

SmartCloud Cost Management for Cloud Orchestrator 2.1.0.4.20141001-0733

/opt/ibm/sccm/bin/configure_ssh_keys.sh: line 43: /opt/IBM//bin/java: No such file or directory
              root@inmbzp5025.in.dst.ibm.com password:

inmbzp5025.in.dst.ibm.com ---SCCM and TCR and DB2 installed

Wile runing RunOpenStackJobs.sh . i am getting below error..

[root@inmbzp5025 bin]# /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/RunOpenStackJobs.sh
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 7: line: command not found
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 8: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 9: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 10: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 11: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 12: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 13: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 14: line: command not found
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 15: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 16: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 17: /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 18: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 19: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/usr/servers/sccm/resources/security/keystoneSecurityFile.properties: line 20: /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/passwordManager.sh:: No such file or directory

Wile checking mcs server status

[root@inmbzp5025 bin]# pwd
              /opt/ibm/sccm/wlp/bin
              [root@inmbzp5025 bin]# ./server status mcs
              ./server: line 708: /opt/IBM//bin/java: No such file or directory
              [root@inmbzp5025 bin]#

Attachments

Updated on 2015-03-04T06:22:59Z at 2015-03-04T06:22:59Z by VenkatReddySangam
              • P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                13 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-04T15:36:41Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

I believe that your issues are caused by your Java setup.

From the error, it seems that your JAVA_HOME is set to /opt/IBM//bin/java. Can you confirm that this is a valid java installation?

Can you run #java -version?

You should see something like the following:

[root@sco24-a16-node1 bin]# java -version
                java version "1.7.0_65"
                OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.5.1.2.el6_5-x86_64 u65-b17)
                OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
                [root@sco24-a16-node1 bin]#

NOTE: Java version should be 1.7.

Can you check what your JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to by running #echo $JAVA_HOME?

Can you check if the following directory exists on your SCCM machine: /opt/ibm/java-x86_64-70/jre?

If so, please set your JAVA_HOME to use this java installation and try re-running the post config script.

Essentially, you need to make sure that you have Java 7 installed and that your environment is correctly configured to use this Java version before you try running the post config script.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Siobhan.

Updated on 2015-03-04T15:38:08Z at 2015-03-04T15:38:08Z by P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                • VenkatReddySangam
                  VenkatReddySangam
                  14 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-05T04:49:42Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Thanks ,Siobhan

It's JAVA issue only ..Thanks lot for your help.

• VenkatReddySangam
                    VenkatReddySangam
                    14 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-10T12:04:45Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Siobhan,

I Integrated SCCM with my cloud ,In my cloud having some SoftLayar Region servers i am not able to get that region servers in my SCCM

Is there is any way to integrate SoftLaya region servers in my SCCM?

SoftLayar in PCG (Public Cloud Getway )

Updated on 2015-03-11T11:59:08Z at 2015-03-11T11:59:08Z by VenkatReddySangam
                • VenkatReddySangam
                  VenkatReddySangam
                  14 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-11T12:07:26Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi Siobhan,

I Integrated SCCM with my cloud ,In my cloud having some SoftLayar Region servers i am not able to get that region servers in my SCCM

Is there is any way to integrate SoftLaya region servers in my SCCM?

SoftLayar in PCG (Public Cloud Getway )

• P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                    P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                    13 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-11T14:06:46Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

SCCM collects metering data from PCG in a slightly different way to KVM/VMWare.

For PCG, SCCM uses a REST collector to collect data from PCG (rather than using the MCS collector as it does for KVM/VMWare).

I have attached a doc which explains how the PCG collector works, data sources, job files, etc.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan.

• VenkatReddySangam
                      VenkatReddySangam
                      14 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-12T05:31:02Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Thanks lot Siobhan.Let me try this.

• VenkatReddySangam
                      VenkatReddySangam
                      14 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-12T07:39:29Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi Siobhan,

SampleOpenStackRestPublicServers.xml file not excite in my server ,Where  i can find this file ?

• P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                        P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                        13 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-12T09:42:45Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

The file was shipped with SCCM 2.1.0.4 and should be in /opt/ibm/sccm/samples/jobfiles.

Rgds

Siobhan.

• VenkatReddySangam
                          VenkatReddySangam
                          14 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-18T09:34:03Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi Siobhan,

It possible SCCM collect data from more then one ICO ?

• P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                            P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                            13 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-18T09:55:09Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

If you need to collect from more than one ICO instance, you should have a separate SCCM instance for each ICO that you want to collect from.

Rgds

Siobhan.

• VenkatReddySangam
                              VenkatReddySangam
                              14 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-18T10:06:46Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Thanks Siobhan

• VenkatReddySangam
                                VenkatReddySangam
                                14 Posts
                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-18T11:38:35Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Siobhan,

How the data from more than one ICO can be aggregated to generate single report.  that both ICO will be used by one customer and we need to generate a single consolidated report .is it possible ?

How I can get the software usage reports ? as of now I am getting reports CPU,RAM,Disk Usages, I am not getting any software usage reports, I need to run any other script in SCCM ?  ,As of now there is one cron job is running in my SCCM server.

[root@tSCCM_Server ~]# crontab -l

CRON_TZ=UTC
                                30 2 * * * /opt/ibm/sccm/bin/RunOpenStackJobs.sh

Updated on 2015-03-18T12:16:54Z at 2015-03-18T12:16:54Z by VenkatReddySangam
                                • P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                                  P9FA_Siobhan_Butler
                                  13 Posts
                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-19T16:22:15Z  in response to VenkatReddySangam

Hi Venkat,

As explained in a previous post, you cannot use a single SCCM instance to collect from multiple ICO instances. A single SCCM instance should be configured to collect from a single ICO installation (with one or more regions).

Regarding reports, there is a set of pre-defined reports provided out of the box with SCCM. These can be imported into your Jazz setup as part of the post configuration script.

Regarding the cron job, this is a single script which calls a number of job files e.g. to retrieve Keystone data, Nova & Cinder data, etc. If you are using the job file mentioned previously, SampleOpenStackRestPublicServers.xml, you would need to setup a cron to run this job file on a regular basis as it is not configured out of the box.

Rgds

Siobhan.

• VenkatReddySangam
                                    VenkatReddySangam
                                    14 Posts
                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-03-20T14:09:12Z  in response to P9FA_Siobhan_Butler

Hi Siobhan,

Can you please  help me on set up  SampleOpenStackRestPublicServers.xml, and cron to run this job file on a regular basis