Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T11:38:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
92 Posts

Pinned topic Windows script packages

‏2013-02-11T19:37:55Z |
I've had real good success with script packages on Linux. I am trying to repeat that on a Windows VM. It has the scp-cloud scripts (cmd and vbs, etc.) and starts fine as an instance in my SCP 2.1 environment.

However, I cannot get script packages to run. What is the mechanism by which the actual script is transferred to an instance? Do I need a Cygwin SSH daemon running? If I create a pattern and attach a script package to a Windows instance, it will deploy fine (I can connect to it, it receives an IP, etc.), but it takes a long time (15 minutes) at "Executing script package", after which it reports the instance is up and running in the cloud. However, nothing seems to take place on the instance.

Hardcoding the script (no variables processed) results in much faster processing time, but still no results on the instance.
Updated on 2013-03-19T11:38:27Z at 2013-03-19T11:38:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    92 Posts

Re: Windows script packages

‏2013-02-17T19:14:55Z  
    Hi, a couple of question to understand better the scenario and provide the information.
    1 - are you using SCP 2.1 or SCP 2.1 FP1 ? I ask for it because the way to process the script packages is a little bit different between them
    2 - which is the image type you are using (basic / intermediate / advanced) ?

Anyway you don't need cygwin ssh in the image.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    92 Posts

‏2013-02-18T21:14:47Z  
    Hi, a couple of question to understand better the scenario and provide the information.
    1 - are you using SCP 2.1 or SCP 2.1 FP1 ? I ask for it because the way to process the script packages is a little bit different between them
    2 - which is the image type you are using (basic / intermediate / advanced) ?

Anyway you don't need cygwin ssh in the image.
    SCP 2.1, FP1

Intermediate/advanced, I cannot get either to work. My understanding is script packages will not work with basic.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    92 Posts

‏2013-02-20T14:33:31Z  
    SCP 2.1, FP1

Intermediate/advanced, I cannot get either to work. My understanding is script packages will not work with basic.
    Yes basic does not support the script packages while advanced and intermediate yes.
    The way how it works is different if the image is advanced or intermediate.
    For the advanced images they are pushed in the image and executed from SCP using RXA.
    For the intermediate images they are downloaded from SCP and executed using scp-cloud-init.
    It's difficult to understand what is the cause of your failure, it might be also the script package itself or the image.
    If you have an issue I suggest to involve the support team providing them the troubleshooting information so that they can do the proper problem determination
  • aelfner
    aelfner
    47 Posts

‏2013-03-18T23:30:32Z  
    Yes basic does not support the script packages while advanced and intermediate yes.
    The way how it works is different if the image is advanced or intermediate.
    For the advanced images they are pushed in the image and executed from SCP using RXA.
    For the intermediate images they are downloaded from SCP and executed using scp-cloud-init.
    It's difficult to understand what is the cause of your failure, it might be also the script package itself or the image.
    If you have an issue I suggest to involve the support team providing them the troubleshooting information so that they can do the proper problem determination
    I am also at SCP2.1 FP1 and trying to get a Windows script package to work on a Win7 system.
    When I try to upload the .zip file, it just says 'Failed'. How can I find out what it is objecting to?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    92 Posts

‏2013-03-19T11:38:27Z  
    • aelfner
    • ‏2013-03-18T23:30:32Z
    I am also at SCP2.1 FP1 and trying to get a Windows script package to work on a Win7 system.
    When I try to upload the .zip file, it just says 'Failed'. How can I find out what it is objecting to?
    Probably the zip file you created with the new script package is incorrect.
    In the officiale trace.log located under /drouter/.... you can find some indication of the failed upload.