Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-12T09:37:57Z by SystemAdmin
cdnford
cdnford
12 Posts

Pinned topic WUI CICS Operations views/Transaction operations views equivalent in CE?

‏2013-02-11T19:20:06Z |
Hi,
A coworker was using CE to display the occurrences of transactions in CICS regions in different CICSplex environments. In the integration (INT) environment he found transactions in AORs and TORs. But when he did the same search in the production (PRD) environment he only found it in the AORs.

I looked at the transaction (local or dynamic transactions) display in the INT WUI and the PRD WUI and got the same results. But in the PRD WUI I also look at the Remote transactions display and there I found the TOR definitions I wasn't seeing. Digging deeper we found the PRD CSD transaction definitions were coded with "DYnamic: No" in the TORs, while the INT CSD transaction definitions were coded with "DYnamic: Yes" in the TORs and AORs. Once we saw the differences were local transaction definitions vs remote transaction definitions we found out that WUI would let you see all transaction definitions from the Topology data for transactions screen (CICS operations views -> Transaction operation views -> Topology data screen).

Is there an equivalent to the WUI "Topology data for transactions" screen in CE?
Updated on 2013-02-12T09:37:57Z at 2013-02-12T09:37:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

Re: WUI CICS Operations views/Transaction operations views equivalent in CE?

‏2013-02-12T09:37:57Z  
    Hi there,

In the Transactions view, on the toolbar near the refresh icon, there are two icons to switch between Local and Remote transactions.

Do they give you the results you're after?

Thanks!

Dave