• 16 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-03T06:09:22Z by PavithraKasturiRangan
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
269 Posts

Pinned topic How to get Status Change Dates with other Attributes in Excel

‏2013-02-11T13:21:42Z |
Hi,

We have a SLA for a process on Time taken for Status Change, Please let me know how we can export Status Change Dates in Excel with other relevant Attributes of that module.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Akul Moondra
Updated on 2013-02-12T14:30:19Z at 2013-02-12T14:30:19Z by Shafeeq AM
  • Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

Re: How to get Status Change Dates with other Attributes in Excel

‏2013-02-12T14:30:19Z  
    Hi,

A prerequisite is to add a history Attribute. The History attribute can display the change log for an attribute in a graph or a table format. The SLA Time taken between status would have to be generated by RPE Report using the embedded RPE engine.

The steps are
    A. Configuration changes to setup to capture history
    1. Enable history on Status change attribute, if not yet enabled.
    2. Add an history attribute which shows history for Status Change Attribute in table format

B. Extracting the report data from Focal Point:
    1. A RPE Report generated from a view containing the relevant attributes+ History attributes.
    ( Link: Rational Focal Point and reporting tools
    Link: Rational Focal point Restful API Reference Manual )

2. An external Rest Client that can extract data from relevant view and compute the data required for SLA Process
    (Another temporary solution is to generate a PDF/RTF report of view, copy the content from report to excel and using excel to compute the Time taken)
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shafeeq
  • RAC
    RAC
    1 Post

‏2013-05-01T11:14:58Z  
    Hi,

A prerequisite is to add a history Attribute. The History attribute can display the change log for an attribute in a graph or a table format. The SLA Time taken between status would have to be generated by RPE Report using the embedded RPE engine.

The steps are
    2. Add an history attribute which shows history for Status Change Attribute in table format

1. A RPE Report generated from a view containing the relevant attributes+ History attributes.

2. An external Rest Client that can extract data from relevant view and compute the data required for SLA Process
    (Another temporary solution is to generate a PDF/RTF report of view, copy the content from report to excel and using excel to compute the Time taken)
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Hi Shafeeq,

The main problem is you cannot actually extract the data from History attribute , neither from excel export , nor you can fetch it via webservices or FP Rest APIs.

-Anurag

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2013-06-19T12:09:56Z  
    Hi,

The steps are

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Hi Shafeeq, Is there a way to set flags based on the breach on the status of the element? Say Red when the element is in New for more than 5 days ?,,, Some kind of alert to the user to show the importance

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2013-06-19T15:44:01Z  

Hi Shafeeq, Is there a way to set flags based on the breach on the status of the element? Say Red when the element is in New for more than 5 days ?,,, Some kind of alert to the user to show the importance

Hi,

Yes. A configuration to Spot, Color and list the unattended elemets in dashboard is below
    1. A date attribute  ( say 'Status Changed Date') to capture status attribute change date. The expression is =Today('status').
    2. An integer attribute (Status Aging) which computes the aging.
      Ex:
      a. Aging in days
      =(Today()- 'Status Changed Date')/24

b. Compute aging when status is new
       =equals('Status',"New")=1
    ?((Today()- 'Status Changed Date')/24):0
    a. Add a new window to homepage( dashboard) pointing to view which lists the elements in new state for more than 5 days (backed by a view)
        (Link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.uiref.doc/topics/r_my_home_settings.html)
    b. In addition, an indicator attribute (or its equivalent traffic light business rule) on Integer Attribute (Status Aging) to color the element.
        (Link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.ref.doc/topics/r_indicator.html)

Regards,
    Shafeeq

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2013-06-21T04:10:41Z  

Hi,

Yes. A configuration to Spot, Color and list the unattended elemets in dashboard is below
    1. A date attribute  ( say 'Status Changed Date') to capture status attribute change date. The expression is =Today('status').
    2. An integer attribute (Status Aging) which computes the aging.
      Ex:
      a. Aging in days
      =(Today()- 'Status Changed Date')/24

b. Compute aging when status is new
       =equals('Status',"New")=1
    ?((Today()- 'Status Changed Date')/24):0
    a. Add a new window to homepage( dashboard) pointing to view which lists the elements in new state for more than 5 days (backed by a view)
        (Link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.uiref.doc/topics/r_my_home_settings.html)
    b. In addition, an indicator attribute (or its equivalent traffic light business rule) on Integer Attribute (Status Aging) to color the element.
        (Link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.ref.doc/topics/r_indicator.html)

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Thanks a lot Shafeeq, the report now is very useful. 

On creating the Status change Date  attribute, it sets the creation date to the new attribute . I understand that it is because we have set Today's date as the Last change date. Is there anywhere to bring the real last change date for the state on creating the attribute ? 

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2013-06-25T13:14:08Z  

Thanks a lot Shafeeq, the report now is very useful. 

On creating the Status change Date  attribute, it sets the creation date to the new attribute . I understand that it is because we have set Today's date as the Last change date. Is there anywhere to bring the real last change date for the state on creating the attribute ? 

"Creating status change" does it mean adding a new attribute to an existing module's configuration?

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2013-06-26T04:27:21Z  

"Creating status change" does it mean adding a new attribute to an existing module's configuration?

Yes Shafeeq, On creating "Status Changed Date" attribute as per Step 1, it assigns the attribute creation date.

"1. A date attribute  ( say 'Status Changed Date') to capture status attribute change date. The expression is =Today('status')."

Is there a way to capture the last state of the status history and import the field value ? 

For now, i have created the attribute and left it hidden to allow the field to get updated hoping that users will definitely change the status in 2-3 weeks time. The field will be then made visible then.

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2013-07-01T15:17:54Z  

Yes Shafeeq, On creating "Status Changed Date" attribute as per Step 1, it assigns the attribute creation date.

"1. A date attribute  ( say 'Status Changed Date') to capture status attribute change date. The expression is =Today('status')."

Is there a way to capture the last state of the status history and import the field value ? 

For now, i have created the attribute and left it hidden to allow the field to get updated hoping that users will definitely change the status in 2-3 weeks time. The field will be then made visible then.

Probing the time from history and pushing it to date attribute cannot be achieved. To wait for user action to update attribute is only course of action, until then the attribute would be incorrectly-timestamped. A View to keep tab of incorrectly-timestamped elements, would be handy.  

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Updated on 2013-07-02T11:22:21Z at 2013-07-02T11:22:21Z by Shafeeq AM
  • PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2014-02-06T07:48:54Z  

Probing the time from history and pushing it to date attribute cannot be achieved. To wait for user action to update attribute is only course of action, until then the attribute would be incorrectly-timestamped. A View to keep tab of incorrectly-timestamped elements, would be handy.  

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Hi Shafeeq,

I have a query related to the above suggestion.

I have a newly created element on 5th of the Month, the Status aging attribute value was then 0 on 5th as it is new and the different between the status change date and current date is 0

I check this element on 10th, the status aging attribute value is still 0 . If incase, i refresh the formula on 10th, the status aging attribute will be changed to 5 as the difference between the dates is 5 days.

On status change on the element, the status aging is going to be zero again due to the difference.

"Probing the time from history and pushing it to date attribute cannot be achieved" - Do you mean to say that there is no way that the age of the element can be computed and displayed on the element ? I saw the Time/Value option on the choice attribute History option on the view, However , i would like to have the status aging updated on the element .

Is there anyway to achieve this ?

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2014-02-07T14:02:25Z  

Hi Shafeeq,

I have a query related to the above suggestion.

I have a newly created element on 5th of the Month, the Status aging attribute value was then 0 on 5th as it is new and the different between the status change date and current date is 0

I check this element on 10th, the status aging attribute value is still 0 . If incase, i refresh the formula on 10th, the status aging attribute will be changed to 5 as the difference between the dates is 5 days.

On status change on the element, the status aging is going to be zero again due to the difference.

"Probing the time from history and pushing it to date attribute cannot be achieved" - Do you mean to say that there is no way that the age of the element can be computed and displayed on the element ? I saw the Time/Value option on the choice attribute History option on the view, However , i would like to have the status aging updated on the element .

Is there anyway to achieve this ?

Hi,

Yes, one option is to concatenate the computed output to title.

Regards,
    Shafeeq

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2014-02-07T14:35:13Z  

Hi,

Yes, one option is to concatenate the computed output to title.

Regards,
    Shafeeq

Hi Shafeeq,

My query is that the computation of =(Today() - 'Status Changed Date') /24 doesn't compute the value automatically by itself on daily basis unless the formula on the attribute is refreshed on the default value everyday.

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2014-06-11T16:40:49Z  

Hi Shafeeq,

My query is that the computation of =(Today() - 'Status Changed Date') /24 doesn't compute the value automatically by itself on daily basis unless the formula on the attribute is refreshed on the default value everyday.

Hi ,

You need a timer formula attribute in your workspace, that can be used to trigger calculation daily. Provide a time or a time interval at which the Today business rule must be triggered. Create another module with a timer attribute. Refer to or listen to this attribute, from other expression. 

To trigger the business rule every 7 days, use the update_interval parameter to specify the frequency in hours:
     =Today("update_interval=168")

To trigger the business rule at a particular hour every day, for example, daily at 5 AM, use the run_at parameter to specify hour of the day:
    =Today("run_at=5"). 
    I Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shafeeq

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2014-06-26T12:45:13Z  

Hi ,

You need a timer formula attribute in your workspace, that can be used to trigger calculation daily. Provide a time or a time interval at which the Today business rule must be triggered. Create another module with a timer attribute. Refer to or listen to this attribute, from other expression. 

To trigger the business rule every 7 days, use the update_interval parameter to specify the frequency in hours:
     =Today("update_interval=168")

To trigger the business rule at a particular hour every day, for example, daily at 5 AM, use the run_at parameter to specify hour of the day:
    =Today("run_at=5"). 
    I Hope this helps.

<pre class="pre codeblock" dir="ltr" xml:space="preserve"> Regards, Shafeeq </pre>

Sorry Shafeeq, i don't get this clearly

"You need a timer formula attribute in your workspace, that can be used to trigger calculation daily. Provide a time or a time interval at which the Today business rule must be triggered. Create another module with a timer attribute. Refer to or listen to this attribute, from other expression. "

On my module called Request, On a field called Status Aging, i have updated the formula  =((Today("update_interval=1h") - 'Status Changed Date') / 24 )  This doesn't seem to trigger the expression by itself . 

As per your explanation in the previous comment, do i have to create additional attribute and a module and relate this on my Request ?

• Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2014-06-30T13:00:53Z  

Sorry Shafeeq, i don't get this clearly

"You need a timer formula attribute in your workspace, that can be used to trigger calculation daily. Provide a time or a time interval at which the Today business rule must be triggered. Create another module with a timer attribute. Refer to or listen to this attribute, from other expression. "

On my module called Request, On a field called Status Aging, i have updated the formula  =((Today("update_interval=1h") - 'Status Changed Date') / 24 )  This doesn't seem to trigger the expression by itself . 

As per your explanation in the previous comment, do i have to create additional attribute and a module and relate this on my Request ?

Yes, creating a module with one single triggering attribute in say Constants Module, reduces the overhead of maintaining multiple timers. Attached workspace Constants_example.fpz illustrates such configuration. The formula in Releases Module refer to the Constants Module (inboxed in Constants_usage_example.png)

There is a Technote to determine actual firing schedule of timer  , shows the misfired triggers, if any (Quartz timer). 

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2014-06-30T15:18:26Z  

Yes, creating a module with one single triggering attribute in say Constants Module, reduces the overhead of maintaining multiple timers. Attached workspace Constants_example.fpz illustrates such configuration. The formula in Releases Module refer to the Constants Module (inboxed in Constants_usage_example.png)

There is a Technote to determine actual firing schedule of timer  , shows the misfired triggers, if any (Quartz timer). 

HI Shafeeq,

Status Change Date field has the default value of =Today('Status')

I have created a date attribute called DailyDateCounter and given the default value as =Today("update_interval=1")

In the same module, i have another field of called Status Aging with the default value of =((Today("update_interval=1h") - 'Status Changed Date') / 24 )

I will check on the updates on the DailyDateCounter field again tomorrow to check whether the trigger works by itself. If that will work then the dependent field, Status Aging should work fine.

• PavithraKasturiRangan
    63 Posts

‏2014-07-03T06:09:22Z  

HI Shafeeq,

Status Change Date field has the default value of =Today('Status')

I have created a date attribute called DailyDateCounter and given the default value as =Today("update_interval=1")

In the same module, i have another field of called Status Aging with the default value of =((Today("update_interval=1h") - 'Status Changed Date') / 24 )

I will check on the updates on the DailyDateCounter field again tomorrow to check whether the trigger works by itself. If that will work then the dependent field, Status Aging should work fine.

Hi Shafeeq,

I have observed my configuration in two instances. The update and run timers work fine in 6.6.1 but my Production system in 6.5.2.3 still doesn't run the timer properly unless manually run.  I will raise a PMR on this, however i wanted to inform that my setting as mentioned in my earlier post works fine and updates the date automatically.

Thank you for your suggestion.