Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-22T10:51:51Z by fjb_saper
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts

Pinned topic SAPRequest outadapter - First message succeeds, second message fails

‏2013-02-11T13:02:58Z |
Using WBI Message Broker v7 to send message thru SAPRequest node creating SAP Idoc.

First message sent after the deployment to execution group is successful. IDoc created meets all expectations.

Second message sent thru same node fails. Exception message passed out the 'failure' path. Last child contains message:
"Session reference is null. SessionReferenceProvider: com.ibm.j2ca.sap.ext.JCo3SessionReferenceProvider, scope type: null\r\n"

If execution group is redeployed, again, first message works fine. Second message fails.

A third message may succeed. But next one will fail for certain.

Any ideas? Does some return info from SAP need to be processed before future message can work? possibly a process in the SAP side needs to be released?
Updated on 2013-02-22T10:51:51Z at 2013-02-22T10:51:51Z by fjb_saper
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4179 Posts

Re: SAPRequest outadapter - First message succeeds, second message fails

‏2013-02-11T15:10:59Z  
    Updated Information.
    It appears that once a message fails, frequently the next one will work.

Also, when watching the SAP side, I not see sign of the adapter attempting the ALE call into SAP. I do see this when the message is successful. This implies that the adapter is blocked rather then the call succeeds but process fails.

Pattern of fails is not clear. Only thing that seems consistent, FIRST message sent after deployment works. Second fails.
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    125 Posts

Re: SAPRequest outadapter - First message succeeds, second message fails

‏2013-02-22T10:51:51Z  
    Updated Information.
    It appears that once a message fails, frequently the next one will work.

Also, when watching the SAP side, I not see sign of the adapter attempting the ALE call into SAP. I do see this when the message is successful. This implies that the adapter is blocked rather then the call succeeds but process fails.

Pattern of fails is not clear. Only thing that seems consistent, FIRST message sent after deployment works. Second fails.
    Make sure you have the right APARS for the SAP Adapter and that you are at the right level of broker...