6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-11T16:29:24Z by pavankumar_g
pavankumar_g
pavankumar_g
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Regrading how to create security token in worklight

‏2013-02-08T14:09:06Z |
Hello all,

can any one help me how to create security token in worklight. How this token can be used to authenticate the adapter.
Thanks in advance
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Regrading how to create security token in worklight

‏2013-02-10T06:50:05Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    You did not indicate what is your Worklight version, the authentication framework has changed significantly between 5.0.0.2 and 5.0.0.3+
    Other than that, you do not create a "security token", rather this is something Worklight "creates for you".

Please add more information to your question so that we could try and help you... be descriptive.

Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14937476
    Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T11:59:48Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hello Idan,

Thank you Idan Here i am using Worklight 5.0.5. I developed a app which was authenticated using token. I sending username and password in the token. By using this token the user should be authenticated other wise it will get unauthorized. Please tell me how to authenticate the user with the token as you said that the token will create by worklight server ok then please tell me how can we get that token which was created by worklight server. is there any method to get the token please explained me in detail.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T12:10:23Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    Again, a token is internal for Worklight, you, do not "get" it or "use" it.
    Please, read the training modules. It is truly all explained there in clear text and with SAMPLES. Follow the text, follow the samples.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/getting-started/#authentication

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T12:21:50Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hello Idan,

Thank you idan , presently i am working on Worklight integrating with IBM Message Broker. In this integration i need to pass the token to authenticate the User thats way i am searching in forums. please tell me can we pass the token or worklight server pass this token to Message Broker?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2327 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T15:38:16Z  in response to pavankumar_g
        pavankumar_g,

You can find additional integration information from the Message Broker team; Worklight integrates with many products and those products often publish material on how to configure and run with Worklight. Quick search of the web shows Ant Phillips' blog and slideshare material on this topic. Also, check out the Message Broker forum posts.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
        • pavankumar_g
          pavankumar_g
          41 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T16:29:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hello BarbaraHampson,

Thank you Hampson, Here i am integrating with Message Broker. But here i created users to authenticate the users using token as mentioned in MB - 8 version. Now tell me how to create a token in worklight as idan said that we cant create the token in worklight. Now tell how to authenticate the user using token in worklight.