Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-17T14:17:25Z by GregM_dxler
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic DXL Scripting : How to add the linkage between one module and the another ?

‏2013-02-08T07:26:52Z |
Hi All,

I am a newbie. Can you please help me to script how to add the linakge between one module to the other?

Thanks & Regards,
Shriraam
Updated on 2013-02-14T10:14:11Z at 2013-02-14T10:14:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: DXL Scripting : How to add the linkage between one module and the another ?

‏2013-02-08T11:13:56Z  
    It can be done in two steps:

1.) You can just drag the requirement from the current module to the requirement you want to link in other module by opening together.

2.) You can right click on the requirement in a particular module and selct the option make start.
    Go to the module which you want to link, right click and select make link from start.

Aslo,You can have a glance in the DOORS reference manual in the help tab.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-09T13:30:19Z  
    There is 3 such scripts on your computer:
    link by attribute
    linkbykey.dxl
    linkbypair.dxl
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-13T06:44:25Z  
    There is 3 such scripts on your computer:
    link by attribute
    linkbykey.dxl
    linkbypair.dxl
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.Can you please let me know how retrieve these scripts?

Thanks & Regards,
    Shriraam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T05:17:10Z  
    Do you want to create one link or many links at a time?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T06:53:40Z  
    Do you want to create one link or many links at a time?
    Hi,

Thanks. I just need to create a link between one module to the other.

Regards,
    Shriraam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T08:52:50Z  
    Hi,

Thanks. I just need to create a link between one module to the other.

Regards,
    Shriraam
    Below script will create a link from one module to another

Module m=current // m is a source module from where link is started
    Object o_source=object(3) // value 3 is a absolute number(ID) of object present in m(source) module
    Item it=item("here mention path of target module")
    Module m1=module(it)
    Object o_target=object(8,m1) // value 8 is a ID of object present in m1(target) module
    o_source -> "mention here path of link module" -> o_target

string source=identifier(o_source)
    string target=identifier(o_target)

print source "\n"target

Above script will create link between two objects of two different modules. Mention the ID's of objects properly without prefix.

Regards,
    Hemlata
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T09:36:11Z  

Object o_source=object(3) // value 3 is a absolute number(ID) of object present in m(source) module
    Module m1=module(it)
    Object o_target=object(8,m1) // value 8 is a ID of object present in m1(target) module

print source "\n"target

Above script will create link between two objects of two different modules. Mention the ID's of objects properly without prefix.

Regards,
    Hemlata
    Thanks a lot Hemlata.It worked.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T09:52:32Z  

Module m1=module(it)

print source "\n"target

Regards,
    Hemlata
    Hello,

I just now tried it. I am little bit puzzled what should be the path for "Link path" in code.

Item it=item("/DAG_Sandbox/Test_CRS/Test_FL_HU222_High_Telephone")
    Module m1=module(it)
    o_source -> "/DAG_Sandbox/Test_CRS/Test_FL_HU222_High_Telephone/" -> o_target

print source "\n"target

It is throwing an error for me.Please help me what i should give in the path.

Thanks,
    Shriraam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T10:02:05Z  
    Please help me out what should be mentioned in the Link path.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-14T10:14:11Z  
    Hello,

I just now tried it. I am little bit puzzled what should be the path for "Link path" in code.

Item it=item("/DAG_Sandbox/Test_CRS/Test_FL_HU222_High_Telephone")
    Module m1=module(it)
    o_source -> "/DAG_Sandbox/Test_CRS/Test_FL_HU222_High_Telephone/" -> o_target

print source "\n"target

It is throwing an error for me.Please help me what i should give in the path.

Thanks,
    Shriraam
    At the time of creating links you need to give linkmodule name

o_source -> "path of linkmodule" -> o_target

when we create links default linkmodule is created in DOORS namely "DOORS links". You can give same default linkmodule name or create another linkmodule and give that path. linkmodule contains linksets.Default linkmodule is automatically created by DOORS in the folder where your module is present. But you can create in different folder also and give path of that linkmodule in above line.
    please refer DOORS reference manual for linkmodule. it will be more helpfull to you inorder to create linkmodule

Regards,
    Hemlata
  • Thuhin
    Thuhin
    1 Post

‏2014-01-17T09:49:50Z  
    At the time of creating links you need to give linkmodule name

o_source -> "path of linkmodule" -> o_target

when we create links default linkmodule is created in DOORS namely "DOORS links". You can give same default linkmodule name or create another linkmodule and give that path. linkmodule contains linksets.Default linkmodule is automatically created by DOORS in the folder where your module is present. But you can create in different folder also and give path of that linkmodule in above line.
    please refer DOORS reference manual for linkmodule. it will be more helpfull to you inorder to create linkmodule

Regards,
    Hemlata

How to write a DXL script to add 20000 objects in a DOORS Module?

Please advice!!

Thanks in advance!

• GregM_dxler
    GregM_dxler
    166 Posts

‏2014-01-17T14:17:25Z  
    • Thuhin
    • ‏2014-01-17T09:49:50Z

How to write a DXL script to add 20000 objects in a DOORS Module?

Please advice!!

Thanks in advance!

Thuhin,

You should probably start a new thread, as this request is much different than the existing thread subject.

To add a bunch of objects, I would use a loop

int iCnt, iTotal=20000

Object oCur=current

Object o

for (iCnt=0; iCnt<iTotal; iCnt++) {

o =create(after oCur)

oCur = o

}

This will add the number of objects at the same level as the current one.  Note they will look like headers since there is no text in them.

Hope this helps,

Greg