Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-12T18:49:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic java operators, Streams v3, special character on file path

‏2013-02-06T22:37:31Z |
This used to work in Streams 2, and still works fine if I only have C++ operators, however if the path to my toolkit includes @ character, the PEC for Java operators reports "class not found" exceptions for classes that are where they should be. It works fine if I simply rename the toolkit directory and recompile.

For example,

sc -t /mypath/Toolkit-17972@node:$STREAMS_SPLPATH -M myapp::myjob

compiles fine, but I get "class not found" exceptions in PEC log when I submit the ADL.

It compiles and runs fine, without "class not found" exceptions, if I rename the directory, and rerun spl-make-toolkit on it, like this:

mv /mypath/Toolkit-17972@node /mypath/Toolkit-17972-node spl-make-toolkit -i /mypath/Toolkit-17972-node sc -t /mypath/Toolkit-17972-node:$STREAMS_SPLPATH -M myapp::myjob

Any advice (other than not use special characters in directory names with Streams 3)? Is this expected behavior?
  • wbratton
    wbratton
    76 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: java operators, Streams v3, special character on file path

‏2013-02-06T23:53:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'll research this problem and get back to you.

Thanks
  • wbratton
    wbratton
    76 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T16:10:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I asked the sc team to look at your post. I'll let you know what hear from them.
    • hnasgaard
      hnasgaard
      200 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T23:00:53Z  in response to wbratton
      I'm going to have to dig into this a bit. In the mean time you could try escaping the '@', like sc -t /mypath/Toolkit-17972\@node:$STREAMS_SPLPATH -M myapp::myjob
    • hnasgaard
      hnasgaard
      200 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-12T16:33:04Z  in response to wbratton
      I am able to reproduce this problem. It does fail using Streams V3 and run using Streams V2.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1245 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-12T18:49:43Z  in response to hnasgaard
        Thank you. We have a workaround that works for now, but tracking down the issue in our application during the transition to Streams 3 was not very easy. It would be great to have this added to the list of known potential issues.