Topic
No replies
Doug_Wilson
Doug_Wilson
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic "entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library" error

‏2013-02-06T21:07:17Z |
I have installed the DOORS 9.5 server and client on a test server right now. I'm finding that when I start this DOORS database from a Windows XP PC, I get this error message; "The procedure entry point ?forceUseFallback@Globalization@@YA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library general_library.dll". When I start the database from a Windows 7 PC, I don't get this error.

I found an IBM technote on this very same error (ref #1618774) but best I could apply the given resolution, it did not help. The solution given is to rename the file "general_library.dll" to "general_library.dll.old" and then reboot the PC. It wasn't that this change didn't make a difference, as what I found is that with it done DOORS wouldn't even start. The error was that it couldn't find "general_library.dll". Imagine that!

The error doesn't seem to be too severe as I just click OK and then things seem to be normal. But I would like to have it not pop up. Any ideas for a fix would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug