• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-07T13:28:18Z by Dragos.Cojocari
1299 Posts

Pinned topic RPE output to WORD: total page count

‏2013-02-06T20:39:29Z |
I have used the method in the included link to define two master pages each with a field containing the field code: 'Section Pages' to count the total number of pages in a section. Master Page 1 contains the introduction (5 pages) and Master Page 2 contains a table (3 pages). The table contains several rows and automatically fills three pages, which become numbered "Page 1 of 3" to "Page 3 of 3." This is great.

The problem: The introduction has a few parts, which each need to begin on a new page (numbering "Page 1 of 5" to "Page 5 of 5", so I have put each of those into each seperate container which each calling the Master Page 1 within the template content. However, each container is considered a new section, so they are all numbered "Page x of 1." How can I make them begin on a new page but maintain the continuous counting?

Background: I tried putting all parts in the Introduction into one container as different paragraphs with section or page breaks between them, but this also makes the numbering restart.

thank you!
Updated on 2013-02-07T13:28:18Z at 2013-02-07T13:28:18Z by Dragos.Cojocari
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    1640 Posts

Re: RPE output to WORD: total page count

you should try the solution I have provided in the page count thread as it is much simpler than the current approach.

RPE Actual