Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
JaredSchrag
JaredSchrag
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Optim 7.2 Cmd Line Option Issue with Arc. Dir. Maintenance Parameter File

‏2013-02-06T19:26:06Z |
The Command Line Interface for Maintenance Utilities section of the documentation (IBM Optim Archive User Manual) indicates, for Archive Directory Maintenance, that for Parameters:

You can enter parameters with the command on the command line, or you can enter these parameters into a text file (called a parameterfile ).
You can enter parameters for more than one process into a parameter file. This allows you to run multiple processes by entering a single command on the command line. Enter the parameters for each process on a separate line of the parameter file.

I was able to use a parameter file to invoke the process for archive directory maintenance; however, when I specified multiple archive files to be UNREGISTERed, it always ignored all archive files except for the last one specified.

Here is my command line:

> PR0CMND.EXE /ARCMAINT @myparamfile.txt

And here are two versions of the contents of the parameter file. In both cases, the behavior was the same as described above.
Version 1:

OPERATION=UNREGISTER OUTPUT=myoutput.txt+ AFFILE=
"file1.af" DELETEFILE+ AFFILE=
"file2.af" DELETEFILE+

The result was that archive file file2.af was unregistered/deleted and the return code was 0.

Version 2:

OPERATION=UNREGISTER OUTPUT=myoutput.txt+ AFFILE=
"file1.af" DELETEFILE+ AFFILE=
"file2.af" DELETEFILE+

The result was that archive file file2.af was unregistered/deleted and the return code was 0.

Should I have expected both archive files specified in the parameter file to have been unregistered/deleted? If not, what would have been the appropriate way to specify multiple archive files for unregistering in the paramameter file?