Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-12T16:43:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic How to create or duplicate authoring template?

‏2013-02-06T16:36:00Z |
I have WebSphere Portal installed locally on a laptop with the default options from the install wizard. I don't see the "New" button in the library and when I have an authoring template open, I don't see the "Save As" button, only "Save" and "Save & Close" - is there additional permissions that need to be set?
Updated on 2013-02-12T16:43:30Z at 2013-02-12T16:43:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: How to create or duplicate authoring template?

‏2013-02-07T09:23:17Z  
    Hi
    You will get new button on the Web content management page after selecting the specific library.
    Please check whether your user is having the proper permission(your user should be in wpsadmins group or wcmadmins groups) and if that is present then check the permission on Authoring portlet.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: How to create or duplicate authoring template?

‏2013-02-12T16:43:30Z  
    Hi
    You will get new button on the Web content management page after selecting the specific library.
    Please check whether your user is having the proper permission(your user should be in wpsadmins group or wcmadmins groups) and if that is present then check the permission on Authoring portlet.
    Thank you for your response. But I was logged in as admin and in the wpsadmins group - so I do have all the required access. As it turned out, I don't have WCM installed.

See my detailed fix in this blog entry:
    http://www.streebo.com/blog/ibm-web-content-manager-v8-x-troubleshooting-tips-2/