Topic
No replies
JaredSchrag
JaredSchrag
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Optim 7.2 Command Line Option Issue with Appending Output File

‏2013-02-06T16:27:19Z |
The Command Line Interface for Processing Utilities section of the documention for Optim indicates that the application can be launched from the command line with a parameter specifying the output (log) file. For example:

> PR0CMND.EXE /R TYPE=ARCHIVE REQUEST=MAXIMO.MX711PRARCH STOP=I OUTPUT=MyOutput.txt OV=ovfile.txt

The document seems to indicate that the file specified by the OUTPUT parameter can be appended instead of overwritten by using this variant of the example command line above:

> PR0CMND.EXE /R TYPE=ARCHIVE REQUEST=MAXIMO.MX711PRARCH STOP=I OUTPUT=MyOutput.txt+ OV=ovfile.txt

When I specify the OUTPUT parameter with the append option, the process does in fact append the output file; however, it also generates an additional 0-byte file named MyOutput.txt+.TXT (following the exmples above). This extra output file is generated regardless of whether the output file exists or not prior to running the archive process.

Does anybody know why this is or how to suppress the seemingly unnecessary extra file named "outfilename +.TXT" but still get output file appending behaviour?