Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-06T19:06:42Z by markevans
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts

Pinned topic EGL Debugging error

‏2013-02-06T10:49:45Z |
I have question concerning using EGL debugger on RBD Windows workstation, CTG and CICS server on z/os. After setting property for remoteCall (sent in the attachment of this post) and start debugging in CTG trace on z/os I get messages:
CTG6876E EXCI error Funcion Call=6, Response=16, EXCI Reason=631, ctg_rc=-9
CTG6823E EXCI DPL_REQUEST specific error. RESP=0x00,RESP2=0x00,abend code= ,Cics_Rc=-9

In the IPCS for CTG address space dump there is only message:
DFHPD0103 XCG address 8CCEBE70 is invalid

Does anyone have a tip for the solution of explained problem?
Updated on 2013-02-06T19:06:42Z at 2013-02-06T19:06:42Z by markevans
  • markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

Re: EGL Debugging error

‏2013-02-06T12:21:39Z  
    Ivana,

Can you provide a little more detail on your setup?

What type of machine is the your ctglocation machine? In other words, are you communicating to CTG on z/OS or CTG somewhere else? I think you are using CTG on z/OS since it refers to EXCI.

I found this when I googled the CTG message, I found this info in the CTG doc specifically for your reason code. Here is the link and the text:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cicstgzo/v7r2/topic/com.ibm.cics.tg.zos.doc/ctgzos/cclaipd.ide5.html
    CTG6876E with EXCI Reason=631
    If you see this message, check the MVS™ system log for entries like the following:

ICH422I THE ENVIRONMENT CANNOT BECOME UNCONTROLLED.
    CSV042I REQUESTED MODULE MODULE NOT ACCESSED.
    THE MODULE IS NOT PROGRAM CONTROLLED
    BPXP014I ENVIRONMENT MUST REMAIN CONTROLLED FOR
    DAEMON (BPX.DAEMON) PROCESSING.

Their presence might indicate that security is enabled, and load module MODULE needs to be program controlled. The messages are repeated if more than one module is affected. See Configuring CICS Transaction Gateway for use with RACF for information about which modules need to be program controlled if security is enabled.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-02-06T13:09:28Z  
    Mark,

We are using z/os v1.7, CTG v6.1 and CICS v3.1 are installed on z/os. In MVS log I don't have any of the messages you have mentioned which are suggested security issues, but I have:
    DFHEX0002 A severe error (code X'4006') has occured in module DFHXCGUR

Thanks for the answer.
  • markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-02-06T13:46:35Z  
    Mark,

We are using z/os v1.7, CTG v6.1 and CICS v3.1 are installed on z/os. In MVS log I don't have any of the messages you have mentioned which are suggested security issues, but I have:
    DFHEX0002 A severe error (code X'4006') has occured in module DFHXCGUR

Thanks for the answer.
    Ivana,

I did another quick Google and it appears you still have some form of Security error in CTG on z/OS.

See this link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21064032

You really need to get your systems/CICS Administrators involved to see if they can determine what is not setup correctly in your system.

If they cannot figure it out, I would suggest opening a PMR with the CTG on z/OS support team to get assistance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-02-06T18:45:29Z  
    Mark,

It seems that we have security issues like you sugested. After I have set AUTH_USERID_PASSWORD=YES (it was under comment originally) in STDENV file and have restart CTG I have got messages in MVS log that you mentioned indicating that one module from SCEERUN2 library is not program controled even though SCEERUN2 is added in RACF program class. Thank you for the advice now I will thoroughly check configuration of CTG with RACF.
  • markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-02-06T19:06:42Z  
    Mark,

It seems that we have security issues like you sugested. After I have set AUTH_USERID_PASSWORD=YES (it was under comment originally) in STDENV file and have restart CTG I have got messages in MVS log that you mentioned indicating that one module from SCEERUN2 library is not program controled even though SCEERUN2 is added in RACF program class. Thank you for the advice now I will thoroughly check configuration of CTG with RACF.
    Glad to hear it resolved it.