Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-07T13:59:24Z by HisNibs
HisNibs
HisNibs
87 Posts

Pinned topic dp:transform behaviour

‏2013-02-06T09:26:58Z |
I have a transform action which calls for an externally hosted .xsl file. I know this is being loaded as I have tested to see if the XSL was being read (just stuffed it into a variable) and that using the debug probe I can see the execution trace with the input, xml-parse and response.

However, the transform isn't doing what was expected so I put in a number of xsl:message calls to write out some runtime values to the log, but this failed as well.

Are there any restrictions on running transforms using dp:transform is such a transform allowed to make dp function calls (yes, the namespaces were declared) or other such calls which require calls outside the context fo the input message?

(running xi50 with v5)
Updated on 2013-02-07T13:59:24Z at 2013-02-07T13:59:24Z by HisNibs
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1576 Posts

    Re: dp:transform behaviour

    ‏2013-02-06T10:33:28Z  
    I do this all the time, so it's definitely possible.

    But I bet your problem is that your changes aren't getting executed because DP has cached the old copy. For doing this kind of thing you'll need to use a non-caching XML Manager on your service, which will reload the remote stylesheet every time you make a change.

    Ken
  • HisNibs
    HisNibs
    87 Posts

    Re: dp:transform behaviour

    ‏2013-02-07T13:59:24Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2013-02-06T10:33:28Z
    I do this all the time, so it's definitely possible.

    But I bet your problem is that your changes aren't getting executed because DP has cached the old copy. For doing this kind of thing you'll need to use a non-caching XML Manager on your service, which will reload the remote stylesheet every time you make a change.

    Ken
    Thanks for the response although it wasn't the problem it was useful to note I had a 20 min refresh and this wouldn't have helped with debugging !!!

    The fundamental issue was an incorrect datatype when referencing the offboard XSL. I could see the XSL in the variable so thought I had referenced it correctly when in fact I had not, just the debug logs weren't giving the best of information. All sorted and thanks for your help.