• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-09T16:38:50Z by frengifo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Process portal Customization

‏2013-02-06T06:41:18Z |
Hi All,

One of our customer don't want to use the out of box portal .Any Idea how to create a dashboard for them which will be again controlled on role basis and a brand new one.....i don't fin
Updated on 2013-02-11T21:33:39Z at 2013-02-11T21:33:39Z by jmac_EmeriCon
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: IBM Process portal Customization

‏2013-02-06T06:43:59Z  
    Sorry for the broken text

Need some clue on how to do the below.

Thanks !
  • jraman
    jraman
    19 Posts

‏2013-02-06T20:11:57Z  
    Sorry for the broken text

Need some clue on how to do the below.

Thanks !
    Hello there,

I'm not sure about the Version that you are using. But I guess this thread would be helpful for you,

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14929124

Regards,
    Ram
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-02-07T07:44:36Z  
    • jraman
    • ‏2013-02-06T20:11:57Z
    Hello there,

I'm not sure about the Version that you are using. But I guess this thread would be helpful for you,

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14929124

Regards,
    Ram
    Hi Ram,

We use version 7.2 and 7.5.

Thanks !
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-02-07T21:20:47Z  
    Hi Ram,

We use version 7.2 and 7.5.

Thanks !
    Please note that the portal for 7.x is pretty much gone in 8.0 (I think it may still ship, and you can get to it if you hack the configuration, but I have no idea if that means it is supported or not). If your customer is going to wind up spending money to get the portal to look the way they want, it may be better for them long term to look into using the REST API and creating their own portal, or bundling specific portal functionality in a larger corporate portal/gateway.

There are arguments and advocates on this board for both approaches, but you should know that if you customize the 7.X portal, those changes will not seemlessly carry over to the default 8.x portal, which is fundamentall different from the 7.X version.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-11T03:58:28Z  
    Please note that the portal for 7.x is pretty much gone in 8.0 (I think it may still ship, and you can get to it if you hack the configuration, but I have no idea if that means it is supported or not). If your customer is going to wind up spending money to get the portal to look the way they want, it may be better for them long term to look into using the REST API and creating their own portal, or bundling specific portal functionality in a larger corporate portal/gateway.

There are arguments and advocates on this board for both approaches, but you should know that if you customize the 7.X portal, those changes will not seemlessly carry over to the default 8.x portal, which is fundamentall different from the 7.X version.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    We keep seeing the notion of custom portals come up again and again using REST APIs. Ive built out some "JavaScript Libraries" that can be used as the basis for custom portal creation. I haven't released these yet as I'm looking for some keen folks to tire kick them before I release them on the world. This will serve as a basis to ensure that they meet needs and can do what is asked. If anyone is interested in working with me on them, post to this forum and we can start getting something going. These will be for IBM BPM 8.0.1.

Neil
  • jmac_EmeriCon
    jmac_EmeriCon
    279 Posts

‏2013-02-11T21:33:39Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-11T03:58:28Z
    We keep seeing the notion of custom portals come up again and again using REST APIs. Ive built out some "JavaScript Libraries" that can be used as the basis for custom portal creation. I haven't released these yet as I'm looking for some keen folks to tire kick them before I release them on the world. This will serve as a basis to ensure that they meet needs and can do what is asked. If anyone is interested in working with me on them, post to this forum and we can start getting something going. These will be for IBM BPM 8.0.1.

Neil
    Neil:

I am happy to work with you on these. I am well versed in the TWSearch() command and the Rest API. Based on the fact that TWSearch() is more flexible (at the moment) I would likely want to have both methods available for use, but would work on the Rest first since this is what you have.

Contact me at jmac@emericon.com or on skype, and I can get started in my free time :)

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC
  • frengifo
    frengifo
    12 Posts

‏2013-09-09T16:38:50Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-11T03:58:28Z

Neil

Neil:

Do you know how can I modify DashboardDropdown.js and apply those changes in my ProcessPortal 8.0.1 ?

I have tried to modify that file but there is no change in my Portal.

I have some more files in my backlog (LaunchableProcessList.js, PortalSidebar.js, etc), but I know that if I get it done with one of them, I will get it for the others.

Thanks for your help.