Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:01:09Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Trouble getting Android phone connected to Worklight

‏2013-02-05T21:07:43Z |
I have a Motorola DroidX that I want to use for testing my Javascript app. The DroidX is running Android 2.3.4. My Worklight project is configured for Android-8 (Android 2.2). I followed the tutorials for downloading the Goggle USB driver and including it in the Windows 7 device driver search. I've tried this several times, but the driver chosen is always one of the standard windows/motorola device drivers. There doesn't seem to be any path that causes the Google USB driver to be selected, even when I point Device Manager at that folder. The end result is that Worklight doesn't recognize the DroidX, and won't consider it as a target for installing the Javascript app.

How do I go about debugging what is wrong?

Thanks
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts

Re: Trouble getting Android phone connected to Worklight

‏2013-02-05T21:21:57Z  
    It is not Worklight that doesn't recognize your device, rather it is ADT (Google's plug-in for Android development).

I don't see you mention this, so I will ask: in your device, under Settings >> Developer options, have you enabled USB debugging?
    If not, make sure your device is not-connected via USB, enable the setting and then connect the device.

The above should make Eclipse (ADT...) now recognize your device as a valid target.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-06T16:02:20Z  
    None of the tutorials mentioned anything about that. I'll give that a try.
    Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-07T21:36:14Z  
    You got me a lot further along, but I'm still not able to get the DroidX connected. I turned on USB debugging. I downloaded and installed the latest Motorola driver. I've tried connecting in both PC mode and Mass Storage mode. None of these permutations causes the DroidX to be considered as a deployment target in Worklight.

I do see different device types showing up in Device Manager depending upon which mode I'm in. I've seen some problem reports on the Web that say the USB Mass Storage device entry is the key one for causing the mobile device to be used for deployment. Is that correct? I can't get the Google USB or the latest Motorola driver to be chosen as the driver for that device, since Windows thinks the Microsoft driver is the best choice for that (even when I try to force the replacement by pointing to the specific folder).

Which mobile device mode and Windows device type/driver should I be focusing on?

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-08T00:01:09Z  
    You got me a lot further along, but I'm still not able to get the DroidX connected. I turned on USB debugging. I downloaded and installed the latest Motorola driver. I've tried connecting in both PC mode and Mass Storage mode. None of these permutations causes the DroidX to be considered as a deployment target in Worklight.

I do see different device types showing up in Device Manager depending upon which mode I'm in. I've seen some problem reports on the Web that say the USB Mass Storage device entry is the key one for causing the mobile device to be used for deployment. Is that correct? I can't get the Google USB or the latest Motorola driver to be chosen as the driver for that device, since Windows thinks the Microsoft driver is the best choice for that (even when I try to force the replacement by pointing to the specific folder).

Which mobile device mode and Windows device type/driver should I be focusing on?

Thanks
    Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight