IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-06T08:45:08Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic Where does Websphere appserver save passwords of users from JDBC datasource

‏2013-02-05T16:02:26Z |
I am new with Websphere application server.

In the Websphere console, under Data sources, JAAS - J2C-Authentifction data (or similar, we have only german Websphere on German) there is form for inputing user ID and password for this datasource. My problem is, we lost the password of the user for our database, but we know the encrypted password. I suppose, that this password was picked up from another Websphere instance.

Can someone tell me where Websphere saves inernally these passwords, is there a possibility to write the encrypted password for user directly in the internal Websphere database?
Updated on 2013-02-06T08:45:08Z at 2013-02-06T08:45:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • httweed
    httweed
    510 Posts

Re: Where does Websphere appserver save passwords of users from JDBC datasource

‏2013-02-05T16:51:03Z  
    They are stored in the security.xml file located here:

<profile root>/config/cells/cellname/security.xml

~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: Where does Websphere appserver save passwords of users from JDBC datasource

‏2013-02-06T08:45:08Z  
    • httweed
    • ‏2013-02-05T16:51:03Z
    They are stored in the security.xml file located here:

<profile root>/config/cells/cellname/security.xml

~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
    Thanks very much. It works!