Thanks
Updated on 2013-02-06T15:12:42Z at 2013-02-06T15:12:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • brcowan
    brcowan
    673 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: clearmake encounter a problem

‏2013-02-05T16:49:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Aside from this telling us that you are running ClearCase 7.1.2.6, this really doesn't tell us much. Under what exact conditions is it failing? On what flavor of Windows? What type of licensing is enabled? What is the failure stack trace?

=================================================================
    Brian Cowan
    Advisory Software Engineer
    ClearCase Software Advisory Team (SWAT)
    Rational Software
    IBM Software Group
    550 King St
    Littleton, MA 01460

Phone: 1.978.899.5436
    Web: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47293 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T18:24:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Brian,

build clearmake is having any issue on windows XP. I believe the problem is on clearmake.exe since it gave me an error "clearmake.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Other clearcase commands are working fine and clearcase doctor didn't genreate any errors. There is no issue on licensing and since we know the problem is on clearmake.exe, how can we fix it? I already uninstalled and re-installed the clearcase but the issue didn't go way.

Thanks,
    • brcowan
      brcowan
      673 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T19:35:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I do not doubt that clearmake is crashing, but other than the clearcase version, you have not provided any of the parameters of the problem. It would be best to work this through a PMR. Some information you need to provide:
      1) The rest of the error message, there is almost always a stack trace and other information.
      2) Exactly when that error occurs
      3) How exactly you are running clearmake? (Parameters? From scheduled job? From another service, for example Hudson or Maven)
      4) When does the problem happen? Immediately on running clearmake, during the middle of the make?
      5) When did the problem START happening?
      6) How often does it happen now? Every invocation of clearmake? Some?
      7) Is this the only impacted system? Or are there more than one?
      8) What else is installed on the system? Any older (or newer) Rational products?
      9) Is the problem limited to specific builds? Specific makefiles? Specific emulation modes?
      10) Can you configure Dr Watson as the default debugger (drwtsn32 -i), run drwtsn32 and configure it to collect a full dump, reproduce the issue and provide that dump?

=================================================================
      Brian Cowan
      Advisory Software Engineer
      ClearCase Software Advisory Team (SWAT)
      Rational Software
      IBM Software Group
      550 King St
      Littleton, MA 01460

Phone: 1.978.899.5436
      Web: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47293 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T19:17:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Or do you think kernel32.dll causes this problem?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47293 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T15:12:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Brian,

Following questions are answered.

1) The rest of the error message, there is almost always a stack trace and other information. There is no error message other than the one that I provided above.
    2) Exactly when that error occurs: Error occured when I run this command: build nocrc dls clean clearmake
    3) How exactly you are running clearmake? It is running on windows XP. Other clearcase commands are OK.
    4) When does the problem happen? Problem occured immediately on running clearmake.
    5) When did the problem START happening? After I upgrade it to clearcase 7.1.2.6, it started seeing this problem.
    6) How often does it happen now? Every invocation of clearmake? Some? I found the problem which was on kernell.dll. I fix it. Now there is no error but it hung as soom I entered the command.
    7) Is this the only impacted system? Or are there more than one? Everthing else is ok and all clearcase startup sevices are running.
    8) What else is installed on the system? Any older (or newer) Rational products? nothing else was installed.
    9) Is the problem limited to specific builds? Specific command "clearmake"
    10) Can you configure Dr Watson as the default debugger (drwtsn32 -i), run drwtsn32 and configure it to collect a full dump, reproduce the issue and provide that dump? ok I will provide this to you in a while.