Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-06T14:02:56Z by IdanAdar
MuraliK,Meduri
MuraliK,Meduri
50 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can we combine native and web pages in blackberry and windows platforma als

‏2013-02-05T14:42:54Z |
Hi Team
We are working on a PDF viewer, WL does not provide any function call to display it over the device. And android, windows and blackberry does not have built in support for displaying the PDF over the webview. So we have to choose the Native component only for this functionality.

When i look at the getting started, it does not have any example for "windows" and "Blackberry" on "Combining Native and Web pages".
1) Do they (windows and blackberry) support the switching between the web and native pages?
2) If not, what is the way out to us? At any cost we have to support all the 4 platforms.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can we combine native and web pages in blackberry and windows platforma als

‏2013-02-06T06:14:40Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    You do not mention which BlackBerry version you are referring to, 6/7 or 10.
    BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 7/8 allow this, but Worklight does not yet provide the API to switch from the web view to the native view, like you can do in Android and iOS.

You Could try doing so on your own, meaning implement a Cordova plugin that will do the PDF display:
    http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.3.0/guide_plugin-development_index.md.html

HOWEVER, doing so on BlackBerry and Windows Phone is not something we currently officially support. I cannot guarantee it will work, and cannot provide support for this either.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • MuraliK,Meduri
      MuraliK,Meduri
      50 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T06:24:35Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi Idan thanks for the reply, you mean to say Blackberry and windows does support switching between the web and native pages?
      I did not find any examples on Getting started page? Can you please give us any reference link where i can found this.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T06:33:55Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    In general it should be possible to do so for these environments, but we have yet to add this functionality.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    • MuraliK,Meduri
      MuraliK,Meduri
      50 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T09:46:58Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi Idan, we will consolidate the earlier discussion to a single point
      We are using the 5.0.51 the latest version of Worklight, so
      1) Can we use the feature of "combining web and native pages" in the "Blackberry" and "Windows" platforms?

2) if yes, if the documentation is not posted any where, how can we make use of this feature? How do we know how to use?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T10:01:57Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    The answer, as previous stated, is No.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    • MuraliK,Meduri
      MuraliK,Meduri
      50 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T13:52:37Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Do you have any idea Idan, when from the worklight does support this feature in Blackberry and Windows?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T14:02:56Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    I'm sorry, but we cannot commit for features over the forum...
    You can request a feature, and this in turn may generate more attention to what you want... I can say it is being considered for a future release of Worklight.

How to request features: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=2836

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer