Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T12:25:09Z by pavankumar_g
pavankumar_g
pavankumar_g
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Regarding auth.js

‏2013-02-05T08:19:37Z |
Hi everybody,

can anyone explain me how to use auth.js in worklight and please give a sample code how to use it with example

Thank you in advance.......
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Regarding auth.js

‏2013-02-05T08:22:01Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    Please read the Authentication section in our Getting Started page. It contains training modules as well as sample applications.
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/getting-started/#authentication

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T08:48:56Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi idan,

Thank you idan, I already studied all the modules but there is no concept of how to use auth.js. please explain me with sample.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T09:00:09Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    The training modules, including the Authentication Concepts PDF, all talk about the new Authentication framework we have introduced in IBM Worklight v5.0.0.3
    Please also see this tech note for all changes: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036063

Please understand that the "old" auth.js approach has been replace - reread the authentication section and the tech note to familiarize yourself with the new mechanism.
    All training modules and sample application show how to use this new mechanism.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T09:10:33Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi idan,

Thank you, i am using worklight 5.0. in this version i dont have api method like WL.Client.createChallengeHandler("realm name");. Now i have to create auth.js with out using this method. please guide me how to create auth.js. I configured all requirements in authentication-config.xml. Now i want to configure auth.js how?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T09:19:07Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    Ah I see, so you are actually using a version of Worklight prior to 5.0.0.3... may I ask why?

Please see this old documentation which is relevant to your version:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/getting-started/previous-versions.html

You will find there download links for all previous documentation, training modules and samples for 5.0.0.2

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T10:40:14Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hello Idan,

Thank you idan, can you expalin whats the use of auth.js and how to use? can you give sample code how to write auth.js
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T11:14:59Z  in response to pavankumar_g
    pavankumar_g, the following zip file, contains ALL training materials and sample applications pertaining to the previous authentication framework, which will teach you how to use auth.js. Please review the material.

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/wl_V5002_gs_all_modules_and_samples.zip

I am very sorry, but I will not explain it here, as there is extensive training material and sample applications. You need to read the material in order to understand how to develop with Worklight.
    If after reading the material, you will have concrete and specific questions, please ask them.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    • pavankumar_g
      pavankumar_g
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T12:25:09Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hello Idan,

Thank you idan, its working fine thank you very much