Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-09-10T18:44:44Z by jrees
SFallon
SFallon
1 Post

Pinned topic Monitoring WebSphere Express

‏2013-02-04T20:03:45Z |
Can WebSphere Express be managed with ITCAM for SOA or ITCAM for WAS?

I have been told that ITCAM for SOA depends upon using the WebSphere Services Feature Pack and without this it cannot see the SOA objects.
If this is true I need to know if this Feature Pack is included in WAS Express.
Updated on 2013-02-05T22:16:33Z at 2013-02-05T22:16:33Z by MikhailRamendik
  • MikhailRamendik
    MikhailRamendik
    8 Posts

Re: Monitoring WebSphere Express

‏2013-02-05T22:16:33Z  
    ITCAM for SOA and ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications (the new version of ITCAM for WAS, available as part of ITCAM for Applications or ITCAM for Application Diagnostics) provide different types of monitoring.

ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications monitors the individual applications, the requests in them, as well as and the underlying server itself. It should work fine with WebSphere Express.

ITCAM for SOA monitors services within a Service Oriented Architecture infrastructure, and version 7.2 introduces BPM monitoring, which is about SCA components and Business Process Definitions (BPDs). So the first question is, are you using these technologies? If you do not have SCA components and/or BPDs, you might not need the BPM functionality. If you do have them, then we need the product version and installed fix/feature packs to know more.
  • jrees
    jrees
    2 Posts

Re: Monitoring WebSphere Express

‏2014-09-10T18:44:44Z  
    ITCAM for SOA and ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications (the new version of ITCAM for WAS, available as part of ITCAM for Applications or ITCAM for Application Diagnostics) provide different types of monitoring.

ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications monitors the individual applications, the requests in them, as well as and the underlying server itself. It should work fine with WebSphere Express.

ITCAM for SOA monitors services within a Service Oriented Architecture infrastructure, and version 7.2 introduces BPM monitoring, which is about SCA components and Business Process Definitions (BPDs). So the first question is, are you using these technologies? If you do not have SCA components and/or BPDs, you might not need the BPM functionality. If you do have them, then we need the product version and installed fix/feature packs to know more.

Can you tell me the part number for the Managing Server component that will allow me to monitor BPM servers?

I cannot, for the life of me, find it.

John Rees