Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T22:25:04Z by chauhan_vin1
Doyler86
Doyler86
91 Posts

Pinned topic Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T19:07:23Z |
I've scanned the internet, but haven't found any good in depth articles on the 'password alias' concept. I am just trying to get a better understanding of the concept.

thanks,

Doyle
Updated on 2013-02-04T22:25:04Z at 2013-02-04T22:25:04Z by chauhan_vin1
  • Doyler86
    Doyler86
    91 Posts

Re: Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T20:19:17Z  
    Just to add a little more information,

My goal is to have a scheduled task that executes a soma request, but i want to execute the soma request with a password alias, so that anyone who has read access to the box, does not see the actual password.

is this possible?

thanks in advance,

Doyle
  • chauhan_vin1
    chauhan_vin1
    24 Posts

Re: Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T22:25:04Z  
    • Doyler86
    • ‏2013-02-04T20:19:17Z
    Just to add a little more information,

My goal is to have a scheduled task that executes a soma request, but i want to execute the soma request with a password alias, so that anyone who has read access to the box, does not see the actual password.

is this possible?

thanks in advance,

Doyle
    Password Alias is actually used when we create Crypto Key and Certificate objects - You can specify is the setting to On/Off.

Password Alias
    Setting this to "on" indicates that the password is actually a password-alias which was created using the password-map feature in the CLI on the device. The password-map encrypts the real password and stores it on the device so that it never appears in plaintext in a configuration script.

The Alias has to be constructed through the CLI then - which points to real password stored encrypted on the device.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v3r8m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fxi50%2Fpassword-map_crypto.htm

I am not sure if there is a way to use password alias in the SOMA scripts. Please update if you find anything more..