Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T22:25:04Z by chauhan_vin1
Doyler86
Doyler86
91 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T19:07:23Z |
I've scanned the internet, but haven't found any good in depth articles on the 'password alias' concept. I am just trying to get a better understanding of the concept.

thanks,

Doyle
Updated on 2013-02-04T22:25:04Z at 2013-02-04T22:25:04Z by chauhan_vin1
  • Doyler86
    Doyler86
    91 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T20:19:17Z  in response to Doyler86
    Just to add a little more information,

My goal is to have a scheduled task that executes a soma request, but i want to execute the soma request with a password alias, so that anyone who has read access to the box, does not see the actual password.

is this possible?

thanks in advance,

Doyle
    • chauhan_vin1
      chauhan_vin1
      24 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does anybody have any good documentation on Password Aliases?

‏2013-02-04T22:25:04Z  in response to Doyler86
      Password Alias is actually used when we create Crypto Key and Certificate objects - You can specify is the setting to On/Off.

Password Alias
      Setting this to "on" indicates that the password is actually a password-alias which was created using the password-map feature in the CLI on the device. The password-map encrypts the real password and stores it on the device so that it never appears in plaintext in a configuration script.

The Alias has to be constructed through the CLI then - which points to real password stored encrypted on the device.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v3r8m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fxi50%2Fpassword-map_crypto.htm

I am not sure if there is a way to use password alias in the SOMA scripts. Please update if you find anything more..