Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T22:30:07Z by morganri
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
139 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error that CopyTo feature is not allowed for the image.

‏2013-02-04T16:55:21Z |
1. What is a general and brief description of the problem that you are encountering (in less than 250 characters)?
I am attempting to transfer an image asset between account, following the instructions on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-smartcloudsolution2/index.html

2. What was the the IBM ID (e-mail ID) used to access the trial? Example: ajaym@us.ibm.com

3. What was the timestamp (date & time) with time zone when you encountered a problem for your request/action? Example: June 27, 2012 1:00 PM Eastern Time
Feb 4, 2013 11:15am EST

4. What type of problem are you having?: Image, Service Instance, Version, Storage, Sever, or Other
For Image type, provide Image name and Image id:
For Service instance type, provide Service Instance name, Service Instance id and Service status:
For Version type, provide the Version number (located in browser window lower right):
For Storage type, provide Storage name and Storage id:
For Server type, provide Server id and Server IP address:
For Other type, provide a screenshot:
See attached file

5. What were the individual steps that you took prior to but leading up to the action?
Followed the instructions on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-smartcloudsolution2/index.html
Until executing ic-copy-to.cmd.

6. What is the browser type and version that you are using when you have encountered this problem? Example: Google Chrome 19.0.184.56 m
N/A using command line tool

7. What is the operating system and version that you have on your client machine when you have encountered this problem? Example: Microsfot Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3
Microsoft XP, SP 3

8. If you are able to duplicate the problem, what are the steps that you take to the lead up of encountering the problem?
Step 4 of Task 2 mentioned in the article. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-smartcloudsolution2/index.html

9. What additional relevant Information can you provide to help quickly diagnose your problem?
Updated on 2013-02-04T22:30:07Z at 2013-02-04T22:30:07Z by morganri
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error that CopyTo feature is not allowed for the image.

‏2013-02-04T21:01:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Thanks for using the Trial. If you are in a Trial account designated at 'n000080" in the Account Tab of Control Panel, then please note not all assest are available to you.

I see you are working with a Windows Asset, and I am unaware of any Windows components entitled in the Trial account.

Sincerely,

//Rich
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      139 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T21:06:35Z  in response to morganri
      The account I am exporting the image out of is not a trial account. The image I am trying to copy is a Windows image, which I would like to export into a trial account. Please advise if it is possible.
      • morganri
        morganri
        109 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T22:30:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Why are you attempting this process?

I don't believe this is allowed.

//Rich