Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-19T04:45:27Z by Ekanto
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Sort List Tab Results via a Relationship to a View

‏2013-02-04T16:29:21Z |
I've created a dummy Object with a couple of attributes (date).
I've then created a View Object extending this dummy object.
I then created a relationship from the PM object to the view. Dropped a date field from the view object onto the list tab of the PM application.

Choosing a date or entering a date works perfectly on the list tab in the application but i'm unable to sort by it. I've ticked the option against the field on the list tab table but the title in't underlined when running the application.

Any ideas?
Updated on 2013-02-05T08:40:14Z at 2013-02-05T08:40:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Sort List Tab Results via a Relationship to a View

‏2013-02-04T20:09:48Z  
    CarlRoutledge,

I can only tell you why it is not underlining the attributes you added to the list tab.

To be sortable, the attribute must exist on the applications 'Main Object' as defined in application designer.

GL,

John
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-02-05T08:40:14Z  
    CarlRoutledge,

I can only tell you why it is not underlining the attributes you added to the list tab.

To be sortable, the attribute must exist on the applications 'Main Object' as defined in application designer.

GL,

John
    Cheers John. I thought that would be the answer.

Thanks
  • amir_samir
    amir_samir
    158 Posts

‏2013-04-28T11:16:02Z  
    CarlRoutledge,

GL,

John

Isn't there any way to make a non main object attribute a sortable  even with hard code?

Amir

• bgbaird
    bgbaird
    253 Posts

‏2013-04-29T13:50:08Z  

Isn't there any way to make a non main object attribute a sortable  even with hard code?

Amir

Amir, it's software, you can do anything you can afford.

Brian

• Ekanto
    Ekanto
    5 Posts

‏2013-08-15T08:29:55Z  

Amir

Hi Amir, Did you find any solution for the requirement through configuration or do we need to customize?

• Ekanto
    Ekanto
    5 Posts

‏2013-08-15T08:30:44Z  
    • bgbaird
    • ‏2013-04-29T13:50:08Z

Amir, it's software, you can do anything you can afford.

Brian

Brian, Do you mean to say through customization?

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    285 Posts

‏2013-08-15T11:54:07Z  
    • Ekanto
    • ‏2013-08-15T08:30:44Z

Brian, Do you mean to say through customization?

Yes, unsupported customization is really the only way to accomplish this. I ran into a particular situation with a client on where they had a logical business decision that couldn't seemingly be achieved due to the application they were trying to use it on (Assignment Manager). I've submitted a RFE here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=37940

With enough votes perhaps they'll consider it for future release.

• Ekanto
    Ekanto
    5 Posts

‏2013-08-19T04:45:27Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-08-15T11:54:07Z

Yes, unsupported customization is really the only way to accomplish this. I ran into a particular situation with a client on where they had a logical business decision that couldn't seemingly be achieved due to the application they were trying to use it on (Assignment Manager). I've submitted a RFE here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=37940

With enough votes perhaps they'll consider it for future release.

Thanks for the info. Any guidance on how to go about for the customization for this. It would be really helpful.