• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T17:33:57Z by pradeep1143
pradeep1143
pradeep1143
11 Posts

Pinned topic Proxy address is changing when trying to record

‏2013-02-04T16:02:49Z |
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to record a http proxy recording i have set proxy settings in browser,when i try record in IE it is showing as localhost instead of the url,it must not changed to localhost as per requirement is there any setting for that.
Updated on 2013-02-04T17:33:57Z at 2013-02-04T17:33:57Z by pradeep1143
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

Re: Proxy address is changing when trying to record

‏2013-02-04T16:18:32Z  
    This happens because RPT is inserting its own proxy between IE and your proxy. The traffic will go through your proxy anyway. You can verify this when you are in the "New HTTP Test From Recording" wizard, at the "Microsoft Internet Explorer Recorder Settings": expand the Advanced section, and you should see your proxy settings in the "Connection to the Network" section (see screen capture attached).

Julien
  • pradeep1143
    pradeep1143
    11 Posts

‏2013-02-04T17:11:50Z  
    This happens because RPT is inserting its own proxy between IE and your proxy. The traffic will go through your proxy anyway. You can verify this when you are in the "New HTTP Test From Recording" wizard, at the "Microsoft Internet Explorer Recorder Settings": expand the Advanced section, and you should see your proxy settings in the "Connection to the Network" section (see screen capture attached).

Julien
    Hi Julien,
    I have checked the settings but it is showing no proxy for https in the setting, i have attached the screenshot.
  • pradeep1143
    pradeep1143
    11 Posts

‏2013-02-04T17:33:57Z  

Julien
    Hi Julien,

I got the setting right,but once the browser pop's up the settings are showing localhost does it can be changed or else it will remain default as localhost.