Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-22T19:53:03Z by ivyho
Victor.w
Victor.w
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cannot connect to the server process. Make sure the server is already start

‏2013-02-04T16:02:44Z |
Hi All,

I received "Cannot connect to the server process. Make sure the server is already started." when trying to start the WASV8 test env on RAD 804. No background processes or services are found related to WAS, I am not able to start the server.
  • ivyho
    ivyho
    67 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot connect to the server process. Make sure the server is already start

‏2013-06-10T04:22:30Z  in response to Victor.w

You may want to go to the command line and see if you can start the server.

e.g. you WASv8 is installed on IBM\wehsphere\AppServer\profiles\ApprSrv01\bin

AppSrv01 is your profile

invoke startServer.bat  server1

See if you can start the server. If you cannot, something is wrong with your server.

• alladisk
      alladisk
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-22T19:01:38Z  in response to ivyho

I am also encountered similar Problem, tried invoking from the command line, no use.  as mentioned by the 'ivyho' something wrong with your server. what is the something wrong.

I have created new profiles, new work spaces in new folder, delted servers and added new, but still it is showing same thing.  I am using RAD 8.5 for Portal Server

Thanks

• ivyho
        ivyho
        67 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-22T19:53:03Z  in response to alladisk

You probably want to open a ticket to support  to check what is wrong with the server if you cannot start it on the command line.

Normally if we cannot start the WAS server inside the RAD tooling server tools, one of the tests we did is to to try to start it on the command line to do some problem isolation to see which team we should contact for issues.

1. if you cannot start your WAS server on the command line, then for sure you will not be able to start the server inside the RAD tooling. So you can contact the server team to diagnose the issue.

2.If you can start the WAS server from the command line,  but you cannot start the WAS server inside RAD tooling, then it may be an issue with the communications/handshake of the tooling with the server.

The above applies to WAS server.,  sorry that I did not specify this clearly. If you are using a portal server,

you may want to contact portal server team to check.