Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-11T16:43:04Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic How can I send surveys to users after completing a ticket?

‏2013-02-04T14:02:37Z |
Hi All,

I would like to do 2 things:

1. Send an e-mail to users to complete satisfaction survey after the agent resolve the ticket
2. Send a link to users to login to the system to see the solution of their ticket

Please advise. Thanks.
Updated on 2013-03-11T16:43:04Z at 2013-03-11T16:43:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: How can I send surveys to users after completing a ticket?

‏2013-02-04T20:25:24Z  
    Jadtana,

Not sure what you have tried, but have you looked at communication templates?

In a simple approach, I have a system that sends out an email to the requestor when the status changes to resolved.

In the communication template we have defined the reply to address so when the user replies with their comments it is recorded in the communication log. Then someone manually has to review the comments prior to closing the ticket. In the message block we have placed several questions and a link to the service request (http(s)://xyz.com/maximo/ui/?event=loadapp&value=sr&uniqueid-:ticketuid).

GL,

John
  • SASHULL
    SASHULL
    302 Posts

‏2013-02-06T13:34:58Z  
    I'm not sure if you're using tickets from a Maximo application or TSRM (or 7.5 SmartCloud Control Desk) but in SmartCloud, they have started to build survey functionality. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but it's a start and it would help save you quite a bit of time (presuming that your surveys aren't a link to another system).

If you are using a service, and simply need to provide a link, an escalation with a communication template would be the route to go. You could provide all the information you need (the links to both Maximo (and build the URL dynamically to actually even pull up the solution directly upon login) and the survey and any critical information such as the description, date completed, etc.).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-02-27T18:38:39Z  
    Jadtana,

Not sure what you have tried, but have you looked at communication templates?

In a simple approach, I have a system that sends out an email to the requestor when the status changes to resolved.

In the communication template we have defined the reply to address so when the user replies with their comments it is recorded in the communication log. Then someone manually has to review the comments prior to closing the ticket. In the message block we have placed several questions and a link to the service request (http(s)://xyz.com/maximo/ui/?event=loadapp&value=sr&uniqueid-:ticketuid).

GL,

John
    Ecirnhoj,

I also use commnication template when the status changes as well. However, do you mind sharing with me how to define the reply so that user comments is recorded back into the communication log? Can you go over this setup for me?

Thank you
  • SASHULL
    SASHULL
    302 Posts

‏2013-03-05T06:11:06Z  
    Ecirnhoj,

I also use commnication template when the status changes as well. However, do you mind sharing with me how to define the reply so that user comments is recorded back into the communication log? Can you go over this setup for me?

Thank you
    I can't say definitely how Ecirnhoj is doing it but a lot of people use email listener to record their feedback. If you configure email listener and someone responds to the email it will automatically associate the comm log entry (you will have to make sure that your comm template has the record identifier, such as SR ##1000## for SR 1000 in order for it to update and not create a new record).

There other ways but based on how he described the result that's probably how it's being accomplished.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-03-05T17:33:20Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-03-05T06:11:06Z
    I can't say definitely how Ecirnhoj is doing it but a lot of people use email listener to record their feedback. If you configure email listener and someone responds to the email it will automatically associate the comm log entry (you will have to make sure that your comm template has the record identifier, such as SR ##1000## for SR 1000 in order for it to update and not create a new record).

There other ways but based on how he described the result that's probably how it's being accomplished.
    Thanks for the reply SASHULL,

i'm still new to Maximo. Are you saying i have to create another comm template so that the reply email message get input back in the worklog?

Right now i only have a comm template with escalation when WO status change to WCOMP to email service requestor of the change.
    I'll have to read up on email listener, not so familair with this yet.

Also, when you say record identifier, can you explain a little about this.

thank you,
    MrOat
  • SASHULL
    SASHULL
    302 Posts

‏2013-03-09T05:53:09Z  
    Thanks for the reply SASHULL,

i'm still new to Maximo. Are you saying i have to create another comm template so that the reply email message get input back in the worklog?

Right now i only have a comm template with escalation when WO status change to WCOMP to email service requestor of the change.
    I'll have to read up on email listener, not so familair with this yet.

Also, when you say record identifier, can you explain a little about this.

thank you,
    MrOat
    It's more of a separate topic to be honest, as it goes over configuring email listener (which does have a set of communication templates but the commlog entry would be the users response), but instead of having someone take a survey at an external URL he just wants the user to reply to an email stating that the service was satisfactory/unsatisfactory. In this case, his commtemplate is using the reply to email address and that email address Maximo is listening and consuming inbound messages from (which automatically get recorded into commlog entries).

If you want to create a new post about configuring email listener (or you should find plenty of good documents on Google or in the Maximo system help) I would be more than happy to answer, but I did want to clarify that it is in no way using any other system and is simply an automated way to create commlog entries (more efficient than a user doing copy/paste, but not good for reporting purposes like rating scales found in most surveys).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-03-11T16:43:04Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-03-09T05:53:09Z
    It's more of a separate topic to be honest, as it goes over configuring email listener (which does have a set of communication templates but the commlog entry would be the users response), but instead of having someone take a survey at an external URL he just wants the user to reply to an email stating that the service was satisfactory/unsatisfactory. In this case, his commtemplate is using the reply to email address and that email address Maximo is listening and consuming inbound messages from (which automatically get recorded into commlog entries).

If you want to create a new post about configuring email listener (or you should find plenty of good documents on Google or in the Maximo system help) I would be more than happy to answer, but I did want to clarify that it is in no way using any other system and is simply an automated way to create commlog entries (more efficient than a user doing copy/paste, but not good for reporting purposes like rating scales found in most surveys).
    Sashull,

Thanks for the clarification on this. Do you know when user reply, where does the inbound messages gooes to? when you said it automatically get recorded to commlog entries...i'm abit confuse on this part.

Thank you!