Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T16:12:12Z by CBradley
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic submit button return again to same coach with updated values of variables

‏2013-02-03T21:33:50Z |
I am working on new coach on V8.0 and my coach contains data entry table some of its value I insert is string and other numbers and others are formulas calculated from the inserted numbers after the submit button, and I need the submit button when I click it to return back to the coach, and then view the values of formulas after calculated it from the inserted numbers but only the strings and numbers are appeared but the values of the formula did not display in the coach as in * Scenario1*, but when I added another coach after the submit button (empty coach) then the values appeared in the original coach as in scenario2 but this solution I don't want to use it because I need the user only to use one coach, but my question is why when I added the other intermediate coach the values appeared and without it the values of the formula didn't appear.

Scenario1: Coach 1(string,number,formula)-->submit-->script to calculate formula-->Coach 1(string,number,no formula values)

Scenario2: Coach 1(string,number,formula)-->submit-->script to calculate formula-->Coach 2(empty)-->Coach 1(string,number,appeared formula values)

I appreciate your quick answer
W.R
Updated on 2013-02-04T16:12:12Z at 2013-02-04T16:12:12Z by CBradley
  • CBradley
    CBradley
    82 Posts

Re: submit button return again to same coach with updated values of variables

‏2013-02-04T14:16:33Z  
    Make sure your submit buttons for intermediate values are in the same sections as the input for the controls.
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-04T15:48:36Z  
    • CBradley
    • ‏2013-02-04T14:16:33Z
    Make sure your submit buttons for intermediate values are in the same sections as the input for the controls.
    Hi CBradley,
    I think that was a "gotcha" with pre v8 coaches. I don't think the same "problem" happens in v8. A button located anywhere on the screen will cause the sending of all changes back to the runtime.

Neil
  • CBradley
    CBradley
    82 Posts

‏2013-02-04T16:12:12Z  
    Bummer that this isn't the solution for this one, but it's great news that it has been fixed. Thanks for your response, Neil.