Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T17:41:05Z by mburati
techstud
techstud
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Radio Box orientation issue when created by Variable Input Control builder

‏2013-02-03T16:07:52Z |
Hi All,

I am using variable Input control builder via Rich Data Definition to display different types of input fields.
When I am displaying radio buttons using this builder, The radio buttons are coming in vertical orientation. I tried using orientation property in RDD, Attribute Setter but of no use.
We Tampered the table created by variable input control builder in java script and able to get it in horizontal orientation.

BUT, Is there a way to display the radio Buttons in horizontal orientation using WPF?

When I am testing it in portal server, labels are coming in bold and labels coming with normal font-weight when tested locally.

Is there specific reason for the default css not getting applied in local ?

Which CSS file and html file it is referring during page creation ? I am not able to find the specified help html file in bdef (I thought may be this file could be useful to understand what exactly happening).
Please specify the file name /path being used by this builder ?
Updated on 2013-02-05T17:41:05Z at 2013-02-05T17:41:05Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Radio Box orientation issue when created by Variable Input Control builder

‏2013-02-04T18:37:40Z  in response to techstud
    The Variable Input Control builder is a fairly old builder (one of the original bowstreet factory builders from the predecessor product to Web Experience Factory) and predates a lot of the page automation infrastructure and page automation generated user interface infrastructure. It meets a fairly narrow niche and rare use case when you need one of a set of UI control types and do NOT know the control type at generation time. If you know the control type at generation time then it's better to generate the UI at generation time than on every request to a page that might have that control on it, and better to use the page automation infrastructure than Variable Input Control.

That said, you may be able to tweak the UI generated by Variable Input Control with CSS, for browsers (and specific browser versions) that support such CSS control over the types of html that Variable Input Control generates.

For example, for a Variable Input Control builder named "vic" in your model, doing something like this in CSS (whether in the page directly or in a StyleSheet builder or in one of the stylesheets for your app or portal page) may work across a set of browsers that support such selectors:

tr[name=vic_Row] 
    {

float:left
    }

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    Updated on 2013-02-04T18:37:40Z at 2013-02-04T18:37:40Z by mburati
    • techstud
      techstud
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T17:35:44Z  in response to mburati
      Sorry for the delay in response.
      Thanks Mburati. I will try that option.
      Is there straight WPF way than using Javascript and/or CSS to solve this orientation issue ?
      I got some other UI issues with variable Input control builder. When ever I am using it for radio buttons, Label became bold in portal server. Working on making it normal.
      • mburati
        mburati
        425 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T17:41:05Z  in response to techstud
        I don't know of a way other than via styling/js to change the orientation of what the VIC builder generates, since it's generating an html table for the layout of the radio buttons.

As mentioned above, unless you need to change the control type at "runtime" based on the data retrieved at runtime, it's better to use WEF page automation and more fixed data types at "regeneration" time to determine the control type (eg, page automation to generate the fields and Data Field Settings and/or RDD to specify field types and control types). The Variable Input Control builder predates a lot of that automation and generates fairly fixed html for the limited control types it was designed to support.

When you're running in portal, you're going to be picking up some CSS styles from the portal theme/page. Try a browser debugger to see where those styles are coming from and what they're set to.

I hope that info helps,
        ..Mike Burati
        http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.