Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T06:37:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /ibm/console/login.do has not

‏2013-02-02T15:38:45Z |
Hi all,

I have updated the ports of a deployment manager using wsadmin.sh, and synchronized properly. it got updated successfully in serverindex.xml file of dmgr. Now, when i do a restart of dmgr and try to open administrative console, i'm unable to access it. It's throwing error like ( "SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /ibm/console/login.do has not been defined" ). Please help me out where i'm doing wrong. What all things to be done after updating ports.
Thanks in advance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /ibm/console/login.do has not

‏2013-02-02T16:26:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Have you also updated the "admin_host" host alias to reflect the changed ports?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      590 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-03T19:12:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Eric,
      Thanks for reply. I'm just a beginner in WAS and started learning things very recently. I have'nt updated host alias. If I'm not wrong, is it something related with updating virtual host as mentioned in this link (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinf/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.nd.doc%2Fae%2Ftcws_plugin_vhost.html). Please tell me the way to update host alias without using admin console as it's not accessible.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        590 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-03T20:54:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        See wsadminlib here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/samples/SampleScripts.html

This library contains ensureHostAlias which is a little helper to add a new host/port to a host alias.

What you're ultimately changing is visble in e.g. ./profiles/dmgr/config/cells/ndcell/virtualhosts.xml

<host:VirtualHost xmi:id="VirtualHost_2" name="admin_host">

which has aliases within it:

<aliases xmi:id="HostAlias_1359652030891" hostname="*" port="9067"/>
        <aliases xmi:id="HostAlias_1359652030891" hostname="*" port="9050"/>
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          590 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T10:46:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for helping me out with that valuable point. I just added a host alias as you said and it started working.

Just for an update,
          After starting dmgr and nodeagent, I was unable to start Application server. Running osgiCfgInit.sh cleared the OSGi cache for the profile, and my server came up successfully.

Thank you once again, take care
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            590 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T06:37:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I have the same problem. Karthik can you explain step by step process you did. Where should i keep the wsadminlib.py. I see lot of virtual hosts xml in my profiles directory.