Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T15:25:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ITIM lotus notes adapter: merging group membership from different Prov

‏2013-02-02T10:55:27Z |
Hi,
I need a help wit a simple (I think) question about Lotus Adapter for ITIM 5.1.
When I create a Provisioning rule for Lotus Service, setting a group membership A for some roles, the selected users are assigned to A group on Notes.

When I create a second Provisioning rule for Lotus Service, setting a group membership B for the same roles of the previous provisioning, the selected users are assigned to B group and removed from group A on Notes.

How can I do to merge group membership from both provisionings?

I would like to do something like:

Provisioning Policy everyone:
- applies to all users of the company.
- assign to "everyone" email group on Notes for receive public email communications.

Provisioning policy HR
- applies only to Human Resources users.
- assign to "HR" email group on Notes for receive email directed to Human Resources department.

So, a HR user will be assigned to both email groups, receiving all public communications and HR directed email.

Already tried different combinations of Role priority and enforcement options, but always are selected membership of one provisioning or other.
Thanks a lot.
Updated on 2013-02-05T15:25:52Z at 2013-02-05T15:25:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ITIM lotus notes adapter: merging group membership from different Prov

‏2013-02-02T12:17:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This sounds very peculiar - definitely not like the default behavior...

What you need to look into are "Join Policies". (I would have included a link here - but the documentation site is down at the moment...)

The default for a multivalued attribute is normally "Union" - what you described here looks like it is set to "Priority".

So - go into the Join policy editor - find the Lotus Role attribute and change it to "Union" and it will work like you expect.

One word of warning - join directives are global - you can only have one per attribute - this is also one of the reason that you should always create new attributes for any custom profile you develop - never reuse attributes from other service profiles...

HTH

Regards
    Franz Wolfhagen
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T14:33:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Franz, tahnks for reply,
      I double checked Join policies and it was configured as Union.

After deleted related provisionings and roles and created again, it is running ok now.
      The only doubt is that attributes on both provs. must be marked as mandatory for this work as I want. Is this the expected behavior?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        9855 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T14:53:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Yes - to make things enforced the attribute must be set as mandatory...

The rule is that default will ALLOW somebody to REQUEST the value - mandatory will tell the system that the MUST HAVE this value(s) - depending on your enforcement it will be react differently - normally you will have either MARK which will just flag the account as non-compliant or CORRECT which will enforce (automatically) the value(s).

This is described in the formal documentation - but for some of the details you must go back to the 4.5.1 Policy Guide...

HTH

Regards
        Franz Wolfhagen
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          9855 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T15:25:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Again, thank you very much