• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:26:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Installation Worklight on WAS ND

‏2013-02-02T09:17:39Z |
Hi,

Any idea of how to create WAS ND cluster for Worklight and what need to be done to successfully install worklight in was nd to make session data replicated to was nd. I am unable to find any such document.

Thanks in advance.

Kuldeep
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Installation Worklight on WAS ND

‏2013-02-02T09:18:51Z  
    Details of environment are below -

1) Windows 2008 Server R2
    2) Worklight Consumer edition 5.0.5
    3) WAS ND 8.5
    4) Database - Oracle 11g

Thanks
    -KS
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts

‏2013-02-02T15:31:56Z  
    Does any of the following answer your question?
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/admin/c_high_availability.html

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-02T17:22:05Z  
    • IdanAdar
    • ‏2013-02-02T15:31:56Z
    Does any of the following answer your question?
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/admin/c_high_availability.html

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    Thanks Idan,
    I already gone through those links, but none solves my questions. I see some of posts pointed some issue while using ND cluster for worklight (like this - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14927778&tstart=0). That is the reason I am trying to figure out proper steps/installation guide for it. There are many question on which I am not sure, like -

1) Whether to use Custom profile or Application profile of WAS to link it to Worklight?
    2) When we choose Application server profile and in worklight installation profile link it, in standalone it works, but as soon we add that server to cluster, nothing shown in App server, so here what happened behind the scene?
    3) Do we need to install worklight war files manually on cluster? even then whether those get auto installed on other nodes or not?
    4) Do we need to install Worklight on all nodes separately, create app server/custom profile as well on all, and link worklight to app server in installation?
    5) If we need to do manual install of war files what all configuration need to be tested on app server or it can be checked at cluster level and it is ensured that other nodes have same configuration?

and so on ...

We can try various options and see if it is working or not? but issue is we can't ensure the path we followed is correct as per IBM, or future issue which may come due to non handled cases/scenarios.
    Thanks
    -KS
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-08T00:26:13Z  
    Thanks Idan,
    I already gone through those links, but none solves my questions. I see some of posts pointed some issue while using ND cluster for worklight (like this - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14927778&tstart=0). That is the reason I am trying to figure out proper steps/installation guide for it. There are many question on which I am not sure, like -

1) Whether to use Custom profile or Application profile of WAS to link it to Worklight?
    2) When we choose Application server profile and in worklight installation profile link it, in standalone it works, but as soon we add that server to cluster, nothing shown in App server, so here what happened behind the scene?
    3) Do we need to install worklight war files manually on cluster? even then whether those get auto installed on other nodes or not?
    4) Do we need to install Worklight on all nodes separately, create app server/custom profile as well on all, and link worklight to app server in installation?
    5) If we need to do manual install of war files what all configuration need to be tested on app server or it can be checked at cluster level and it is ensured that other nodes have same configuration?

and so on ...

We can try various options and see if it is working or not? but issue is we can't ensure the path we followed is correct as per IBM, or future issue which may come due to non handled cases/scenarios.
    Thanks
    -KS
    Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight