Topic
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-07T21:56:47Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
254 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Failed to retrieve federated document

‏2013-02-02T04:36:07Z |
I have two p8 objectstores ,one for source repository, another for target repository. By CFS-ICI, federate document from source to target repository. Successfully federation,but try to open the federated document from FEM ,got below error, anyone can help me check it?

Fixed Content Provider open operation failed. Provider: http://com.filenet.engine.content.fcprovider.iice.IICEFCP(0) SeqNum: [0] Referral: [version(hex)=50002; checksum(hex)=182b; mode=1; flags=4096; documentId={66D25958-20A6-4E53-9DE6-963469A515F8}; urn=vbr:/b33a/%7BF07DF3D2-56B5-43E7-8259-7766B1F2D1E7%7D/1.0/CONTENT; numContentElements=1; seqNum[0]=page1]; . Content element open failed. Adaptor: http://com.filenet.engine.content.fcprovider.iice.IICEAdaptor(0); Repository Name: CFSS; ContentItem: vbr:/b33a/%7BF07DF3D2-56B5-43E7-8259-7766B1F2D1E7%7D/1.0/CONTENT; Page: [1]. COEJ0002E: A remote exception occurred. RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: unrecognized method hash: method not supported by remote object.

Error Code: 0
Error Source: FileNet.Api
Updated on 2013-02-07T21:56:47Z at 2013-02-07T21:56:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • eedeen
    eedeen
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Failed to retrieve federated document

‏2013-02-04T17:27:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This error typically occurs when there is a mismatch between the version of Content Integrator used by the RMIBridge connector proxy server and the version used by the Content Engine. Can you tell what version of CI you have installed and what version of the CE you are using for your target repository?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      254 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T22:58:02Z  in response to eedeen
      My ICI version is 8.6 , and the target CE repository (is also source repository) version is 5.0 FP2.
      • eedeen
        eedeen
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T00:44:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        CE 5.0 FP2 is not compatible with ICI 8.6. You need to use ICI 8.5.1.3
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          254 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T00:54:25Z  in response to eedeen
          But you know I check this page https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=86&uid=swg27016931, it is supported as : Content Manager 5.0 and later fix packs
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            254 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T00:58:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            And you know I have installed ICI8.6 originally base on CE5.0 (OR 5.0FP1, forgot) in my environment, and worked fine. Now just upgraded my CE to FP2, no other changes, but now I can't retrieve the content of federated document.
            • gvalenc
              gvalenc
              13 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T01:46:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              If you upgrade your CE, you have to make sure that you make the updated CE API jar files available to your RMI bridge. That might be why you are getting this error.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                254 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T04:42:18Z  in response to gvalenc
                Yeah, my P8 connector refer to <CE_Install>/lib/jace.jar. And I have synchronized it with <ICI_Admin>/lib/jace.jar.
          • eedeen
            eedeen
            7 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T21:26:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I understand that this may be confusing, but the documentation you cite applies to the Content Integrator IBM FileNet Content Manager connector. What it is saying is that the 8.6 connector can connect to a Content Manager 5.0 and later system. However, you are using Content Integrator with FileNet CFS for Content Integrator and your target repository is a 5.0 FP02 system and it only works with ICI 8.5.1.3.

If you look in the FileNet Hardware and Software Requirements document for v5.0 at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27013654&aid=7 you will see that the required version of Content Integrator is 8.5.1.2. This was changed for 5.0 FP02 to 8.5.1.3 and, although it should have been noted in the readme file that accompanies the fix pack, the notification was left out. (I will take action to see that it is updated).

Also, the FileNet P8 5.0 and 5.1 Fix Pack Compatibility Matrix lists CFS 5.0 FP1 as required for CM 5.0 FP02 and Content Integrator 8.5.1.3 is also a requirement for CFS 5.0 FP1 (as noted in the readme).
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              254 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T21:49:37Z  in response to eedeen
              My understand is that ICI8.6 work fine with CE 5.2 fp2 source repository, but for the target respository I need ICI8.5.3,right? But I don't understand why it work fine at low level version rather than high verion. I just feel it doesn't make sense. Note: Before upgradeing CE to FP2 , my environment work fine, just CE has been upgraded at this time. I am confusing.
              • eedeen
                eedeen
                7 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T00:55:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                I can't explain how your environment worked before upgrading to CE FP2. Perhaps you never tried to fetch federated content with it. In any case, the reason that it doesn't work is that when the CE fetches content for a document that was federated using CFS for Content Integrator, it does so by using the CI API to communicate with the remote Connector Proxy Server (also known as the "RMIBridge"). In order to use the CI API, it needs to load CI client side classes, which it does from a CI jar that is embedded in the CE ear file (and ships with the CE). The client side proxy classes have to match the server side classes. (In this case, the "client" in this relationship is the CE server and the "server" is the RMIBridge").

So both sides have to load the same classes or you will get a marshalling error from the RMI layer. Since that is the error you are getting, it that means your RMIBridge process is loading classes from a different version of IC then 8.5.1.3 (because that is what is embedded in the CE for 5.0 FP02), which you confirmed when you said you were using CI 8.6.

Also, since the CFS Exporter also communicates with the RMIBridge, it has to use the same version of CI too. So, CE needs CI 8.5.1.3 and that means the RMIBridge needs it. And if the RMIBridge needs CI 8.5.1.3, then CFS needs it too. The version of CFS for CI 8.5.1.3 is CFS 5.0 FP01, and that is why CE 5.0 FP02 requires CFS 5.0 FP01.
                • eedeen
                  eedeen
                  7 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T01:07:58Z  in response to eedeen
                  Also, in reply to the second part of your question, i.e. why it works fine at low level version rather than high version, I assume you are wanting to know why the CE 5.0 FP2 only supports CI 8.5.1.3 to communicate with CI, while the FileNet Content Manager connector that ships with CI 8.6 supports CE 5.0 FP02. Although it may not seem like a very satisfactory answer, the reason boils down to the to facts:

1. CI and CE/CFS are on different release schedules so sometimes the support matrix don't align.

2. CI can be used for other applications besides CFS. If you are not using CI for CFS, then you can use CI 8.6 to connect to a CE 5.0 FP repository. In this situation, CI is consuming the CE API and not the other way around, so there is no problem. You just have to configure your CI connector to load the proper CE client jar for your CE. But, when the CE consumes the CI API, as it does when you use CFS, you don't have a choice what CI jar it uses--it has to use the one that ships with the version of the CE you are using.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    254 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T21:03:33Z  in response to eedeen
                    Yeah, I understand what you mean. Thanks!
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      254 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T21:56:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      I got another workaround: I replace the vbr.jar in CE5.0FP2 with ICI8.6 . Now it work fine.