Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T17:57:08Z by httweed
vnala
vnala
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic addNode.bat <dmgr hostname> <dmgr port> fails in Websphere Portal 7

‏2013-02-01T19:49:12Z |
I have a Deployment Manager installed on the same node as the Primary Node and when I try running the following command it fails stating that the node already exists. (Which made sense)

addNode.bat <dmgr hostname> <dmgr port> -username <dmgrusername> -password <dmgr password> -includeapps –includebuses

Appreciate if some one can point me to instructions/steps on federating a primary node when the Deployment Manager is also in the same server as the Primary Node.

Should I skip this step and move on with Post federation Step

ConfigEngine.bat cluster-node-config-post-federation -DWasPassword=w4s4dm1n
Updated on 2013-02-04T17:57:08Z at 2013-02-04T17:57:08Z by httweed
  • httweed
    httweed
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: addNode.bat &lt;dmgr hostname&gt; &lt;dmgr port&gt; fails in Websphere Portal 7

‏2013-02-01T22:02:33Z  in response to vnala
    Hi,

That error is not referring to the fact that the DMGR and Portal server on the same server. What that means is that the node name of the profile you're trying to add, already exists in the DMGR cell.

For example, let's say you called your Portal node "MyNode". The error is telling you a node called "MyNode" already exists in the DMGR cell. The only way I can think of this happening is if you happened to call your DMGR node and Portal node the same thing. Do you recall doing that during installation?

If so, you can follow this page to rename a node. I would suggest renaming the DMGR node:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.nd.doc%2Finfo%2Fae%2Fae%2Frxml_renamenode.html

Alternatively you could just delete and recreate the DMGR profile with a unique node name.

If you aren't sure about the node names, you can do this to check:

• Check the following directory structure:

<wp_profile>/config/cells/cellname/nodes

and note the name of the directory that's inside of the "node" directory. Compare that to the same location on the DMGR profile:

<dmgr_profile>/config/cells/cellname/nodes
    If they are the same, then you need to rename one in order for AddNode to work.
    ~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
    • vnala
      vnala
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: addNode.bat &lt;dmgr hostname&gt; &lt;dmgr port&gt; fails in Websphere Portal 7

‏2013-02-04T13:59:25Z  in response to httweed
      Hi Hunter,
      Thanks and yes it looks like I created the dmgr node as the same name as the portal. I have a follow up in deciding on the approach. i.e if rename the node or delete and create a new profile would be better/recommended.

As far as creating and augmenting the profile i used the command line to
      1. create a profile
      2. Augment and configure the DM by copying the appropriate filedForDmgr

So question I have is

1. Can I delete the profile and create a new profile with different name
      2. Complete the Configure and augment profile once the profile is created.

Thanks
  • vnala
    vnala
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T16:46:27Z  in response to vnala
    I deleted the old profile and re-created the new profile with the same cell name and when I run the addNode I get the following error. Do I have to change the cell name as well.

An error occurred during federation ADMU0034E: The node/cell name of
    the node being federated with addNode must have a different name
    than the cell name of the ND manager node: ksdevtf3; rolling back to
    original configuration.
    • httweed
      httweed
      510 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T17:57:08Z  in response to vnala
      Hi,

Yes the cell name has to be unique too.

~HT
      The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM