Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-22T20:01:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts

Pinned topic Howto change Language for WAS Developer Tools for Eclipse V8.5.1?

‏2013-02-01T19:12:55Z |
Hi there,

thanks for providing the tools so I can try things out at home :-) I'm using WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse V8.5.1 on Windows 7. My Windows installation is English, Regional Settings set to German (Switzerland). Unfortunately the Developer Tools show up in German, while this is my native language and the translation is pretty solid it still feels erm wrong to me. All Windows Programs show up with English Menues, (Notepad, Calc, etc. pp.) and also Eclipse itself is all English. I would prefer to have the tools also be displayed in English. Any way I can influence this (beyond changing my regional settions to English?

Thank you and kind regards,

Phil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

Re: Howto change Language for WAS Developer Tools for Eclipse V8.5.1?

‏2013-02-01T19:33:24Z  
    Hi Phil,

You can run eclipse with -nl en_US command parameter. You can open a command window, change to the eclipse directory, then type eclipse.exe -nl en_US

I hope this will help.

Jason
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-02-01T19:51:07Z  
    Hi Phil,

You can run eclipse with -nl en_US command parameter. You can open a command window, change to the eclipse directory, then type eclipse.exe -nl en_US

I hope this will help.

Jason
    good idea! just tried and has no effect unfortunately.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-02-01T21:08:32Z  
    good idea! just tried and has no effect unfortunately.
    Hi Phil,

I am a bit confused. "also Eclipse itself is all English." "the Developer Tools show up in German" Would you mind to clarify which part of the tools show up in German? Is the content of Server configuration editor in German? If this is the case, you can take a look at this post and see if it solves your problem. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14904076&#14904076

Thanks.

Jason
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-02-01T21:27:00Z  
    Hi Phil,

I am a bit confused. "also Eclipse itself is all English." "the Developer Tools show up in German" Would you mind to clarify which part of the tools show up in German? Is the content of Server configuration editor in German? If this is the case, you can take a look at this post and see if it solves your problem. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14904076&#14904076

Thanks.

Jason
    Thanks! That was exactly what I needed. Server configuration editor is now in English.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-03-22T10:01:24Z  
    Thanks! That was exactly what I needed. Server configuration editor is now in English.
    Hello!
    I followed the procedure, regenerated the server.xsd. But I don't get what I have to do with this file afterwards. Can you please give me some details?
    Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-03-22T20:01:23Z  
    Hello!
    I followed the procedure, regenerated the server.xsd. But I don't get what I have to do with this file afterwards. Can you please give me some details?
    Thanks!
    See my reply on https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=480354&tstart=0 for details.