Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-03T05:23:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic new theme..Jquery, CSS and unwanted link Issues

‏2013-02-01T08:27:08Z |
Hi,
I have developed a new theme for websphere portal8.0 using Rad8.5
My theme is composed of dynamic and static resources. With default.css I was able to change the logo and colors of various sections.

My portlets uses jquery extensively for datatable, show hide, ajax etc etc.
I added jquery libraries(both the js and css) in Dynamic resources and imported them in default.jsp. After the imports my portlets were working.

I have two questions

Can somebody please suggest me, If I have jquery and css files for portlets to use how can I use them in Static resources where should I put them and where and how to import theme to be available for portlets to use?

How to delete unwanted links from portal if its unwanted as per the requirements?
Updated on 2013-02-03T05:23:19Z at 2013-02-03T05:23:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • Jasi
    Jasi
    241 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: new theme..Jquery, CSS and unwanted link Issues

‏2013-02-01T13:34:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I may address some points.
    Usual practice for using jquery (or any other js fwk like dojo) is to enable/include and use it via theme. In WP8 it would mean enabling jquery in your theme profile.
    For css, you should again ideally put it in the themes css location so it is loaded when portal page loads up. This avoids ur effort of including css in every portlet.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      30895 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: new theme..Jquery, CSS and unwanted link Issues

‏2013-02-03T05:23:19Z  in response to Jasi
      Hi Jasi, thanks for the help, Can you tell me What would be steps to enable Jquery?
      And for CSS and images to be used by portlets, In my Static Project where to write the imports for developed css

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/defaultTheme/framework/layoutTheme.css" type="text/css" />
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/accessControl.css" type="text/css" />
      ..I mean which is that common page that will serve the css??