Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:20:08Z by SystemAdmin
MuraliK,Meduri
MuraliK,Meduri
50 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to display PDF in a worklight application

‏2013-01-31T15:33:37Z |
Hi Team
Iam working on a application which has to display a pdf inside the application, Can you please help me out on this how to do this in Worklight?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to display PDF in a worklight application

‏2013-01-31T16:30:16Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    PDF support in worklight is really needed.

I had similar situation to do this. what I have done on PDF part. Through Adapter I am calling custom Java code that creates PDF file. Then adapter return back the PDF name to a third separate web Application running on the same server, and that application simply Push back the file to the client App in new window.

fileName = Adapter (param, parm);
    OpneWindow(http://myhost:9999/genPDf/f=fileName);
    I have a question on this and if someone from folks can answer will help all of us to directly Push back PDF to device App.

Q:- How i can get Blob or Clob from custom adapter that is calling java code in Mobile App? for example, a java code is generating PDF and I am
    calling that custom java code from adapter, now when i transfer PDF stream (FileOutputStream or ByteArrayInputStream) object then adapter is not forwarding object to client properly. It is only sending the signature (or hash code) of the object to client.
    Thanks
    Abdul Ahad
  • MuraliK,Meduri
    MuraliK,Meduri
    50 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T04:28:06Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    Hello Team can i expect any responce on this?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-08T00:20:08Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
      Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-05T05:21:31Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    AAhad,
    Please open a separate thread for your questions.

MuraliK,
    See if the following solutions over at StackOverflow help you in any way:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14444333/ibm-worklight-app-common-pdf-file-access
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10481045/open-pdf-using-phone-gap/10481904#10481904

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform