3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T11:16:01Z by IdanAdar
MuraliK,Meduri
MuraliK,Meduri
50 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to know available space in the device

‏2013-01-31T15:32:27Z |
Hi Team
Iam working with the files, Does Worklight / Cordova provides any feature to know the available space on the device (or SD card). Before i download the file i have to warn the user, whats the size of the PDF, and how free space he has in his device. Can you please help me out on this?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to know available space in the device

‏2013-01-31T18:32:50Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    Searching on StackOverflow, I found two approaches:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6877673/how-do-i-get-the-amount-of-free-disk-space-in-phonegap
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3394765/how-to-check-available-space-on-android-device-on-mini-sd-card

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • MuraliK,Meduri
      MuraliK,Meduri
      50 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T08:37:58Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi Idan, thanks for the reply, one post is written in native language of Android, the other one is not useful, its a incomplete post
      we are looking in either Worklight or phonegap, have you ever come across?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T11:16:01Z  in response to MuraliK,Meduri
    Worklight does not provide such API, and I don't see a Cordova API for this either, however...
    The code being in Java is not a problem, because you can utilize it via a Cordova plug-in.

Please see this training module, Android Development Using the Apache Cordova Plugin:
    ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/v505/Module_09_3_-_Android_Development_Using_the_Apache_Cordova_Plugin.pdf

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform