Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T00:38:57Z by Walad@MY
Walad@MY
Walad@MY
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ISD6.3.2 multiple issues - server icon, MEP linux root access.

‏2013-01-31T11:15:29Z |
Hi. Installed ISD6.3.2 on w2k8r2. MEPs are rhel5.7 on HS22. But why after discovery, some of the servers icon looks like tower server. Any idea why this happened? Kindly refer the attachment for the picture.

Why that the Access; No access? I've created discovery profile with root/password. Some are OK, some No access.

The end user do not want root/password to be given to ISD server as the security department will change the root password every months. What user/privilege should I use to replace the root access?

Regards,
Walad Kadri
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Updated on 2013-02-01T00:38:57Z at 2013-02-01T00:38:57Z by Walad@MY
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISD6.3.2 multiple issues - server icon, MEP linux root access.

‏2013-01-31T23:41:39Z  in response to Walad@MY
    From your picture, some of the objects discovered are Server MEPS and others are OS MEPs. There must always be a Server MEP, but only an OS MEP if you discover the OS.

The No Access means requesting access failed. If you are using SSH, perhaps the systems is not configured to permit root login for SSH.

If you are doing agentless management, you can use a non-root user, as documented in the InfoCenter http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/director/pubs/topic/com.ibm.director.install.helps.doc/fqm0_t_setting_up_access_to_agentless_systems.html.

----
    Craig Elliott
    IBM Advanced Technical Skills
  • Walad@MY
    Walad@MY
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISD6.3.2 multiple issues - server icon, MEP linux root access.

‏2013-02-01T00:38:57Z  in response to Walad@MY
    Yes, from the picture, they are pairs(OS MEP and Server MEP). But the questions now, why the icon display tower server but actually it is a blade server. MT 7870 is HS22.

The ISD server is able to SSH to all of the MEPs using putty.

I'm not using agentless management as all of the OS MEPs are installed with Common Agent.

Regards,
    Walad Kadri
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia