• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T17:42:02Z by jeff98air
Ratan_k00
Ratan_k00
51 Posts

Pinned topic Question on composite baseline storage

‏2013-01-31T09:24:26Z |
Hi,

When oridnary baselines are stored in PVOB then why a composite baseline (pure) are stored in root-less CVOB? Why not composite baselines stroed in PVOB only? Is it just because it has member baselines?

Thanks!
Updated on 2013-02-01T17:42:02Z at 2013-02-01T17:42:02Z by jeff98air
  • jeff98air
    jeff98air
    817 Posts

Re: Question on composite baseline storage

‏2013-01-31T17:07:33Z  
    I think you may be confused about "components" and "VOBs". A rootless component (used for composite baselines) is not a CVOB. It has NO VOB or root directory associated with it which is why it is called "rootless".

All baseline objects are stored in the PVOB. The rootless component is needed so that you have an object that can be associated to and referenced by other objects. Every stream in a PVOB may use the CBL differently (different members, baselines, etc.).

-Jeff Ng
  • Ratan_k00
    Ratan_k00
    51 Posts

‏2013-02-01T02:23:33Z  
    • jeff98air
    • ‏2013-01-31T17:07:33Z
    I think you may be confused about "components" and "VOBs". A rootless component (used for composite baselines) is not a CVOB. It has NO VOB or root directory associated with it which is why it is called "rootless".

All baseline objects are stored in the PVOB. The rootless component is needed so that you have an object that can be associated to and referenced by other objects. Every stream in a PVOB may use the CBL differently (different members, baselines, etc.).

-Jeff Ng
    Thanks for the response.

>> The rootless component is needed so that you have an object that can be associated to and referenced by other objects.

I didn't understand this statement. Can you please eloborate?

Thanks!
  • jeff98air
    jeff98air
    817 Posts

‏2013-02-01T17:42:02Z  
    • Ratan_k00
    • ‏2013-02-01T02:23:33Z
    Thanks for the response.

>> The rootless component is needed so that you have an object that can be associated to and referenced by other objects.

I didn't understand this statement. Can you please eloborate?

Thanks!
    You wrote:
    >>>> The rootless component is needed so that you have an object that can be associated to and referenced by other objects.

>> I didn't understand this statement. Can you please eloborate?

A stream does not reference a baseline directly. It can only reference a baseline through a component. A stream's configuration (foundation) defines the components accessible to that stream and for each component, which baseline is selected. So, streams that wish to reference a composite baseline can only do so by adding the rootless component that "contains" the desired composite baseline to their stream's configuration.

I hope this explains it better.

-Jeff Ng