• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T13:16:27Z by siatki
siatki
siatki
16 Posts

Pinned topic Legacy Document List - dynamic "matching properties"

‏2013-01-31T08:42:47Z |
Hi,

I work on BPM801 and use Legacy Document List component (http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/samples/Legacy+Document+Attach+Widget+(For+Next+generation+Coaches)+-+Release+2) for adding attachments. Files are stored in BPM database in table LSW_BPD_INSTANCE_DOCUMENTS. I need to be able to add attachments with the additional properties and search attachments by these properties (properties are stored in LSW_BPD_INSTANCE_DOC_PROP). That's why I want to add some textboxes to coach, the contents of which will be used to store or search for attachments. So I need to dynamically set the value of "matching / attach properties" -> here I do not know what to do.

I'll be grateful for a hint,
Siatki
Updated on 2013-02-01T13:16:27Z at 2013-02-01T13:16:27Z by siatki
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Legacy Document List - dynamic "matching properties"

‏2013-01-31T19:25:19Z  
    I'm surprised by this, but I looked at both the REST and JS APIs and I don't see any methods for changing the meta data assoicated with the files. You might be able to add it on your own to the "PROPS" table, but that would be unsupported.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-01-31T19:28:17Z  
    Siatki,
    If I may ask, what is it in the "legacy document" technology that you need to leverage that you wouldn't get from using the new CMIS technology? What are the factors that are causing you to look at the legacy document technologies?

Neil
  • siatki
    siatki
    16 Posts

‏2013-02-01T08:55:12Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-31T19:28:17Z
    Siatki,
    If I may ask, what is it in the "legacy document" technology that you need to leverage that you wouldn't get from using the new CMIS technology? What are the factors that are causing you to look at the legacy document technologies?

Neil
    Thank you all for reply,

BPM does not provide ECM solutions in a box, and we do not consider buying such a system -> there is no need to have an advanced tool for data storage. As I heard, the only free solution is alfresco based on MySQL / Postgre, but what about compatibility with CMIS? Are there other options for easy document storage and use of box components BPM801?

Siatki,
  • siatki
    siatki
    16 Posts

‏2013-02-01T13:16:27Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-31T19:28:17Z
    Siatki,

Neil
    Referring to the recommendation for ECM...
    1. I installed Alfresco.
    2. I connected through BPM.
    3. I created Ajax service to search for documents.
    4. I wrote static CMIS query to retrieve documents from the ECM (document list \ properties \ configuration \ query).
    5. Everything works nicely, but...

Questions:

1. how to add an additional "tags" to describe document(e.g. customer,complaint id...)
    2. how to bind a document with an instance of the process? by "tags" with processID?
    3. how to dynamically pass variables to query from text controls of coach to search documents by tags? I know that there is possible to use content filters in configuration of searach ajax service, but how to add new properties such as customer, complaint...

Thank you very much for your help
    Siatki,