Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-12T05:09:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can we expose BPD as a webservice to a external world in Process Designer

‏2013-01-30T20:44:26Z |
Hi there,

Can we expose BPD as a webservice in process designer in v8.0.1 and we dont have a integration designer to utilise those capabilities.
Thanks,
Venkat
Updated on 2013-03-12T05:09:43Z at 2013-03-12T05:09:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can we expose BPD as a webservice to a external world in Process Designer

‏2013-01-30T21:05:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Got the solution .We can use Webservice activity to expose as a webservices in ibm bpm
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-07T17:08:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Venkata,

I have the same issue here? how can I expose BPD such that it can be started by webservices call?

Rgds,

Patrick
      • kolban
        kolban
        3314 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-08T03:00:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        At a high level, you configure your BPD to be startable via a UCA. You then create a UCA to start the process. Next you create a General Service that invokes the UCA. Finally, you create a Web Service definition that exposes an operation mapped to the General Service.

Simple really :-)

But seriously, the recipe above is in fact what needs to be done. Try and take each of the steps above one at a time and see if you can gain understanding on each.

Neil
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          7615 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T01:02:54Z  in response to kolban
          Thank you for your information.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7615 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-12T05:09:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi,

I have tried 2 different ways of invoking BPD from external application.
            1. UCA can invoke BPD (As Kolban has mentioned)

2. Create custom integration service and use JS API (startProcessByName) and pass your input parameters to BPD. Integration service would return Process Instance ID and other business data if specified. You can expose this integration service as Web service and consume from any 3rd party application.

I found 2nd option more flexible as I can do exception handling while invoking BPD.

Regards,

Nilesh Panchal