Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-31T03:45:01Z by kolban
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Process Designer Default Browser

‏2013-01-30T15:59:36Z |
Is there a way to change the setting in the PD so that when running an application it will open in Firefox instead of I.E.?

I know that I can change the browser setting on my machine but I was wondering if it is possible to do it from within the PD.

I have BPM v7.5.1

Thanks,
Sam
Updated on 2013-01-31T03:45:01Z at 2013-01-31T03:45:01Z by kolban
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Process Designer Default Browser

‏2013-01-30T16:19:40Z  
    There is an undocumented feature that exists in 8.0 and may likely be there in 7.5.1. This is unsupported but I have used it just fine.

In Process Designer enter

CTRL+SHIFT+L

and then a second

CTRL+SHIFT+L

that produces a panel as shown in the attachment. From there I can change the browser launched.

I haven't tried to spend any time looking at the other settings ... I have every confidence that changing something there could break PD horribly.

Just for clarity, I'll say again ... this is not a supported feature and all bets are off.

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-30T16:54:04Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-30T16:19:40Z
    There is an undocumented feature that exists in 8.0 and may likely be there in 7.5.1. This is unsupported but I have used it just fine.

In Process Designer enter

CTRL+SHIFT+L

and then a second

CTRL+SHIFT+L

that produces a panel as shown in the attachment. From there I can change the browser launched.

I haven't tried to spend any time looking at the other settings ... I have every confidence that changing something there could break PD horribly.

Just for clarity, I'll say again ... this is not a supported feature and all bets are off.

Neil
    Wow!
    Why they hide this feature so well? It is great one to use.
    I have a few colleges who would be extremely happy to know about this feature. It helps a lot (saving precious time) when testing the software for different browsers.

Thanks Kolban,
    Sam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-30T21:20:13Z  
    Wow!
    Why they hide this feature so well? It is great one to use.
    I have a few colleges who would be extremely happy to know about this feature. It helps a lot (saving precious time) when testing the software for different browsers.

Thanks Kolban,
    Sam
    It was likely hidden because a developer thought they needed it but the Product Mangers don't want to support it….

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-01-31T03:45:01Z  
    It was likely hidden because a developer thought they needed it but the Product Mangers don't want to support it….

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    I think the answer is a lot simpler. I think that the CTRL+SHIFT+L pair is a base function of Eclipse. I just tried it in native Eclipse and it brought up exactly the same dialog. Since Process Designer is implemented on Eclipse, this is an instance of one of the Eclipse functions showing through. I doubt it was designed in or hidden explicitly. It may simply not be possible to disable it from an Eclipse point of view.

Neil