Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-03T17:33:31Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
704 Posts

Pinned topic Access Studio - Citrix - No processes shown.

‏2013-01-30T14:28:38Z |
Hi
Is there anyone who have experience with ISAM ESSO 8.2 and citrix? I have deployed the Virtual Appliance, and it is configured, have run the Setup assistant and chosen Terminal Server and Citrix. Have enabeld Network provider and Auto Sign-up. The Agent and Access Studio is installed on Citrix, and I can logon AA.

When i try and create a simpel AccessProfile, have tried with both Lotus Notes and Hotmail in IE 8. I can easily create the profile in Access Studio, with the drag and drop. And if i check with the highlight button, it also finds the correct windows. But when I start the test in Access Studio, and try and open Lotus notes or IE-Hotmail.com, nothing happends. Down in the message box, no tabs tabs comes up.

The environment is Citrix 5 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 64bit. AA 64bit installed and also AccessStudio from the 64bit package (not sure if there is a specifik 64 bit AccessStudio).

Any ideas?
Updated on 2013-02-03T17:33:31Z at 2013-02-03T17:33:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

Re: Access Studio - Citrix - No processes shown.

‏2013-01-30T15:00:09Z  
    Just looked through some of the logs, and when I try to test a profile, i can see in the aa_observer log it says "CSyncFacilityWrapper::UseAStudioSync The testing mode is disabled for terminal server."
    have attached the whole log, could this be the problem?

it does looks like there are alot of other errors, dont know how important they are
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    761 Posts

‏2013-01-31T20:27:06Z  
    Just looked through some of the logs, and when I try to test a profile, i can see in the aa_observer log it says "CSyncFacilityWrapper::UseAStudioSync The testing mode is disabled for terminal server."
    have attached the whole log, could this be the problem?

it does looks like there are alot of other errors, dont know how important they are
    Yes, the log seems to indicate that AS test mode is not supported on terminal servers. If this limitation is true, it's a new limitation as I have created profiles on terminal/citrix servers before.

Question: Is your Citrix server setup to use lightweight mode? If so, this could explain why it's not working. Try logging into AccessAgent in standard mode and see if the problem persists.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-02-01T07:43:14Z  
    • jtoma
    • ‏2013-01-31T20:27:06Z
    Yes, the log seems to indicate that AS test mode is not supported on terminal servers. If this limitation is true, it's a new limitation as I have created profiles on terminal/citrix servers before.

Question: Is your Citrix server setup to use lightweight mode? If so, this could explain why it's not working. Try logging into AccessAgent in standard mode and see if the problem persists.
    I have tried to find this in the logs, how can I find out if it is in lightweight mode? Have tried with the TSVCServer log as it says in the documentation, but cant find it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-02-01T11:07:43Z  
    I have tried to find this in the logs, how can I find out if it is in lightweight mode? Have tried with the TSVCServer log as it says in the documentation, but cant find it.
    Have tried a few things. Added the TSLightweightMode to the registry under deployment options. Have tried with option 1,2 and 3 and no difference. I do not have the Citrix Virtual Channel SDK installed, because this shouldnt be neccesary, if we go with Normal Mode.
    Few questions:
    1. This is 2003 64 bit, should there be 3 ObsService running? I have the ObsService.exe*32(user), ObsService.exe*32 (system), ObsService64.exe (system)

2. Should the Dataprovider and SOCIAccess only run with the System account, and not run with the logged on user account to?
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    761 Posts

‏2013-02-02T02:51:33Z  
    Have tried a few things. Added the TSLightweightMode to the registry under deployment options. Have tried with option 1,2 and 3 and no difference. I do not have the Citrix Virtual Channel SDK installed, because this shouldnt be neccesary, if we go with Normal Mode.
    Few questions:
    1. This is 2003 64 bit, should there be 3 ObsService running? I have the ObsService.exe*32(user), ObsService.exe*32 (system), ObsService64.exe (system)

2. Should the Dataprovider and SOCIAccess only run with the System account, and not run with the logged on user account to?
    If you do not have the virtual channel SDK, you are not using lightweight mode, so that's not related to the problem you are seeing.

I ran some tests here on my Windows 2003 64-bit machine (has Terminal Services installed). There were no problems using AccessStudio in test mode.

At this point I do not know why it isn't working properly for you.

To answer your questions:
    1) My server only has 1 instance of ObsService running. The process running is a 32-bit instance but I do not have any other instances show up in the task manager.
    2) Yes, Dataprovider and Sociaccess only run under the system account since they are setup as windows services.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-02-03T15:29:17Z  
    • jtoma
    • ‏2013-02-02T02:51:33Z
    If you do not have the virtual channel SDK, you are not using lightweight mode, so that's not related to the problem you are seeing.

I ran some tests here on my Windows 2003 64-bit machine (has Terminal Services installed). There were no problems using AccessStudio in test mode.

At this point I do not know why it isn't working properly for you.

To answer your questions:
    1) My server only has 1 instance of ObsService running. The process running is a 32-bit instance but I do not have any other instances show up in the task manager.
    2) Yes, Dataprovider and Sociaccess only run under the system account since they are setup as windows services.
    Hi

Ok, it is kind of a wierd problem. So why is it that I have 3 ObsService running, that is a good question, is there somehow I can control that? could it be a specific Citrix settings that does this?

We do have another problem, and I am not sure wether or not it can related to this one.

On the citrix server (which only consists of 1 server) the time goes correctly using CET ( GMT+1), and the Virtual Appliance the time goes correctly but using UTC - Europe - Denmark. But ever time I logon to the AA, I can see last sync time, is always 1 hour behind! So where does the AA gets its time from?. Have tried reinstalling it several times but no difference.
    Their environment is some hardware, where the have VMware on, where we have the Windows 2003 server with Citrix on.
  • jwade
    jwade
    15 Posts

‏2013-02-03T16:27:22Z  
    Hi

Ok, it is kind of a wierd problem. So why is it that I have 3 ObsService running, that is a good question, is there somehow I can control that? could it be a specific Citrix settings that does this?

We do have another problem, and I am not sure wether or not it can related to this one.

On the citrix server (which only consists of 1 server) the time goes correctly using CET ( GMT+1), and the Virtual Appliance the time goes correctly but using UTC - Europe - Denmark. But ever time I logon to the AA, I can see last sync time, is always 1 hour behind! So where does the AA gets its time from?. Have tried reinstalling it several times but no difference.
    Their environment is some hardware, where the have VMware on, where we have the Windows 2003 server with Citrix on.
    Thomasb,

The reason why you have 3 ObsService processes running is that there will be one started for each Citrix session. If you select View -> Select Columns and check the session id box, each ObsService process will have a different session id.

For the time issue the AccessAgent gets the time from the Operating system. Could there be an issue with Daylight Savings time settings?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-02-03T17:33:31Z  
    • jwade
    • ‏2013-02-03T16:27:22Z
    Thomasb,

The reason why you have 3 ObsService processes running is that there will be one started for each Citrix session. If you select View -> Select Columns and check the session id box, each ObsService process will have a different session id.

For the time issue the AccessAgent gets the time from the Operating system. Could there be an issue with Daylight Savings time settings?
    hi jwade
    Ok that makes sence about the ObsService.

I have tried looking to see if there is a problem about daylight savings, but the operating system is showing the correct time, both at the clock and if you do a time /t. And i am not able to reproduce the same problem on a test environment, it doesnt matter how much i fiddle around with time and daylight savings.