Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-30T19:10:51Z by DanielWagemann
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to use AJAX in cognos report studio?

‏2013-01-30T09:14:51Z |
I'm having a report which is having 2 select lists and other stuffs also(including javascript).
In these 2 select lists, one depends on another select list. If I select a value in the parent select list, appropriate options related to the parent value should be loaded into the child select list. I can achieve this by using auto submit option. But it causes for performance issue. My intention is, whenever the user selects a option from the parent select list, only the child select list should be updated not the entire page again and again. I hope, this can be achieved by using AJAX call. Is there any possibility to use AJAX in Cognos reports?
Updated on 2013-01-30T19:10:51Z at 2013-01-30T19:10:51Z by DanielWagemann
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    411 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to use AJAX in cognos report studio?

‏2013-01-30T19:10:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Cascading prompts with an entire page refresh is a royal pain. I wish they would introduce iframe like functionality that would allow me to refresh certain containers.

In a pinch, I find the following technique helpful when Iframes are not an option.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/reporting/advanced_report_design/page583.html?ca=drs-