Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-30T21:14:31Z by csalac
csalac
csalac
5 Posts

Pinned topic How to carry on an index when it is set in a different functional map?

‏2013-01-29T21:20:26Z |
I am trying to generate an outbound 277CA EDI file using a WTX map and we are stuck trying to get the HL loop count to continue correctly.

The file is ordered into multiple loops for billing providers & patients. The problem we have is that when the billing provider changes the index for the HL segments needs to continue, but knowledge of the previous index is lost as it is set in a lower level functional map.

So for instance, billing provider A starts with this HL:

HL*3*2*19*1~

The 3 is calculated the first time around by adding 2 to the index of the first provider loop.

Subsequent patient loops do a similar calculation to continue the index within that same provider loop. For instance:

HL*4*3*PT~

HL*5*3*PT~

The problem we're running into is when the provider loop ends and a new one begins we have no way of retaining the last used index. Does anyone know of a way to pass a value back from a functional map? We can carry them forward into lower level maps fine, but we don't know how to carry them back up. Alternatively, is there a way to count the number of patients in the previous provider loop? We've tried various methods to achieve this including using LAST, passing a count from the functional map above the provider loop & trying to self-reference the HL within the element none of which have worked. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am unfortunately unable to attach my entire map, but I have attached screenshots of the relevant functional maps. The functional map f_MakeReceiver calls f_MakeProvider. Hopefully these help.

Thanks,
Updated on 2013-01-30T21:14:31Z at 2013-01-30T21:14:31Z by csalac
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

Re: How to carry on an index when it is set in a different functional map?

‏2013-01-30T20:30:57Z  
    Use GETANDSET , it should solve your issue.
  • csalac
    csalac
    5 Posts

Re: How to carry on an index when it is set in a different functional map?

‏2013-01-30T21:14:31Z  
    Use GETANDSET , it should solve your issue.
    Can you please elaborate? The value we need to get is from a lower level functional map so putting a GETANDSET on the higher level map value isn't going to help when we can't get the value we need to increment in the first place. That's the crux of our problem.

Thanks